The IT Crowd 2.0 Page 8

Yeah, I don't get it.

Quote: Aaron @ September 5, 2007, 11:21 PM

Is this "reference" purely that he was smoking?

Err, yeah. Probably not really a reference at all, but it definitely reminded me of Ted.

If it really was just that he was smoking, sorry, but how the hell is that a reference? It's not like it's a particularly niche activity (as much as I may wish otherwise). I mean, we may as well say that the fact they can read is a reference to Black Books!

I liked the smoking jokes tonight though. Like they're outcasts - which of course they should be!

I loved the anti-piracy warning and I share Roy's chagrin over people telling me there's a twist in a movie! As soon as I know that, I too cannot stop my brain from figuring it out and thus, spoiling the film.
That made me laugh a lot!

I think I'll finally give up on this. It is so weak. You know, to be honest with you, I don't know who these characters are. If someone asked me what type of character Jen was I wouldn't know. She just kinda says lines. Roy's the same. I mean you can say Moss is a bit wacky but that's about it. And the scenes go on and on when they aren't funny in the first place.

Quote: David H @ September 8, 2007, 9:44 AM

I think I'll finally give up on this. It is so weak. You know, to be honest with you, I don't know who these characters are. If someone asked me what type of character Jen was I wouldn't know. She just kinda says lines. Roy's the same. I mean you can say Moss is a bit wacky but that's about it. And the scenes go on and on when they aren't funny in the first place.

Bet you watch it next week... ;)

Quote: David H @ September 8, 2007, 9:44 AM

You know, to be honest with you, I don't know who these characters are. If someone asked me what type of character Jen was I wouldn't know. She just kinda says lines. Roy's the same. I mean you can say Moss is a bit wacky but that's about it.

Thinking about it, I agree. I don't think it's quite as bad on the whole as you, but good point about the characters. Although she's grown on me a bit since the first series, I'm still not a huge fan of Jen. I wouldn't be awfully upset if she just disappeared, I don't think. Nothing to do with the actress playing her, and I guess she adds to the dynamic in a way that would otherwise lack without such a character, but if she left, I wouldn't be overly disappointed. I hope the show is given a chance to grow a bit more though, 'cos there's some good jokes and stories to be had, I think.

Brilliant last night, I loved the idea the house gets raided because of the fake DVD
"That man is a canabal"
"Oh right. I just do piracy, but I'll get someone to look into it"

There was a case in the news last year of a German man who ate people with consent.

I thought this week's was rather average but, like you say, still some funny lines.

I've seen next week's and its probably the best of the series so far so do stick with it (Jen holds a dinner party and Roy, Moss and Richmond un-surprisingly fail the whole social interaction thing spectacularly).

I love it but it must have a shelf life (I hate cliches). It can't really go on and on like OFAH's or something.

Father Ted ended out of necessity but it makes it all the better really. They couldn't flog a dead priest.

I thought last nights episode was great, probably the best episode the shows had so far; very strong. Hopefully it will stay this good for the rest of the series. And Matt Berry is great, 'Hey look, its me!' 'Theres somebody at the door, theres somebody at the door' All his bits are so like what you see him do in other things that I cant help but think he must have a little hand in some of the things he says and does.

I do like this show but I don't think I could ever love it. It's far too inconsistent, it has some nice gags sometimes and good pay-offs but some of the choices of casting is horrible, Katherine Parkinson was awful last night and she started doing that ridiculous shouting voice during the scene were Moss was telling them about meeting the cannibal. And also Matt Berry...jesus, he plays the exact same style in everything he's in, just terrible.

The show does make me laugh though and is always worth watching but it's very patchy.

I've only just caught up with this thread and just watched the wheelchair episode. If someone pulls the emergency cord in a disabled loo, the staff have a key, so bashing the door down was not necessary and I felt it was just filling time. The patronizing looks were spot on though.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ September 8, 2007, 2:24 PM

tel And also Matt Berry...jesus, he plays the exact same style in everything he's in, just terrible.

I know hes the same in everything, but I cant get enough of it, I think hes great! Eveything he says and does seems to tickle me for some reason. Though having said that he doesnt do his usual schtick in Saxondale, hes a bit more naturalistic in that.