The IT Crowd 2.0 Page 5

Laughing out loud And the most anal posters of the year award 2007 goes to Aaron and Godot. Congratulations :P

Quote: ajp29 @ August 27, 2007, 12:19 PM

Laughing out loud And the most anal posters of the year award 2007 goes to Aaron and Godot. Congratulations :P

Surely Charley?

Boom boom.

Omg my 600th post.

And I missed the first episode of series 2... anyone have a website I can watch it!

Quote: ajp29 @ August 27, 2007, 12:19 PM

Busy week for me, first I graduated from the University of the Bleedin' Obvious, now I've won an award for being an arse. But I don't like sharing things, so Aaron can have it. :D

Quote: Aaron @ August 27, 2007, 10:39 AM

I'm not sure how I could make it any clearer. Go back and re-read my post. I made no mention of the floor manager, or his/her duties. Not my problem if you misunderstand what's been posted by others.

But in all honesty, I really don't care, and I'm not going to waste any more time on this discussion.

So in summary: The IT Crowd S02E01. Good. :)

I re-read your post as you suggested.

You said that Linehan directed the series AND was present at the recordings, as if it was possible to do either and not both. They are the same thing.

You said "Many 'directors' will delegate the day-to-day direction to assistants and others lower down the ladder, whilst still maintaining overall responsibility (and credit) for the whole show."

I assumed by 'day-to-day direction' you meant the local direction of the actors on the set by the floor manager/assistant director. This is also not properly delegation as he/she is under instruction from the director in the gallery, but the gist seems clear: that many directors are happy to let assistants do the work on the floor - again, indicating that you do not understand exactly what the director's role is.

I agree that it is very pedantic to argue in this way, and have only done so because you have been very anal in the past regarding my posts.

But it seems that when it comes to being anal, you like to 'give' but you won't 'take'.

(That line taken from 'Gay- the Musical' by ajp29)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 27, 2007, 5:36 PM

Busy week for me, first I graduated from the University of the Bleedin' Obvious, now I've won an award for being an arse. But I don't like sharing things, so Aaron can have it. :D

Laughing out loud

Quote: paul watson @ August 27, 2007, 3:40 PM

I missed the first episode of series 2... anyone have a website I can watch it!

It's a free download on 4oD

Laughing out loud

I really enjoyed the first episode. Sure, it was a bit laboured to start with, and the gay musical wasn't nearly as funny as it could have been (See The Simpsons Planet of the Apes Musical for how to do it right), but once the pay offs started coming in the second half, I laughed a lot.

i've not read every post on this thread so i apologise if this has already been covered...
i really liked episode 1. it was the first tv comedy to make me laugh out loud for a long time. so, i'm not criticising it, but...
did anyone else notice that it just seemed to be father ted under a different name? roy was clearly in the ted role - i could just imagine ted having to pretend he was disabled. and moss was clearly dougal - the comedy fool.
also, there was nothing about IT in it. at all. it was more about the characters.
i think these things really helped the show but i strongly suspect that a writer who isn't Mr Linehan might not have got away with them.
good show though.

The whole idea that anything or anyone related to I.T. could be funny bemuses me...

Whistling nnocently

I'm sooo glad there are few IT references in it, they would go straight over my head, 'the off and on again' is about as much as I can handle. I'm glad it's about the characters, that's what makes a great comedy in my books.

Yeah, it is very Father Ted, disguised by the fact that it takes place in a very different stetting, a city, rather then the middle of nowhere on crazy Craggy Island.

Linehan has a lot of credit with me. He would have to televise the worse joke imaginable several times an episode for two episodes in a row for me to even frown. And even then it would probably be only one brow.

Does anyone know why Graham Lineman wasn't involved in the second or third series of black books? Or the second series of Big Train for that matter? Come to think of it, he co-created the show Hippies, but wasn't involved with the writing. Commitment issues?