The Show What You Wrote Page 25

Congrats to those who've got something in the recording on Sunday - no mean feat that given the volumes of submissions. And indeed congratulations to the near misses, that's pretty good as well.

I think my rewrite was in the last batch of e-mails sent out so I guess I'll be checking e-mails nervously for a few weeks yet!

And good to know there's still hope of the 'straight in' e-mail. Very nice work Badge!

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ May 16 2013, 11:15 PM BST

Well done Pappa Monkey & Old Father producer.

Old Father? If we're continuing the Badge Big Daddy theme, can't I be Giant Haystacks? Although no idea who the third 1980s famous wrestler would be that you could call Monkeywithtypewriter...

Kendo Monkeysaki

Rewrite for scifi/horror in the recording script for me confirmed yesterday, looking forward to seeing it on sunday, especially as I heard some rather exciting news about swyw that I'll enjoy sitting on until the recording.

Has anyone got anything back from other genres? I'm still hoping my thriller rewrite will get in just to see them try and record it, as it requires thousands of things to be played by one person.

Looking forward to seeing peoples stuff after broadcast, especially rewrites successful or not. I don't know about the rest of you but I wish I'd left a tonne more time for my sketches to stew nicely before going back to them and ripping the things to shreds.

Good work Ash!

I've had nothing.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ May 16 2013, 3:24 PM BST

Fear is an abode of the average and a target for the mundane.
If you're scared of the regime you only end up as one of its compliant clients.

All I have said is that it would be a f**king doddle to say 'We have what we need' that's all then the writers can then look elsewhere.

I know I am blotting my copy book by being bolshy but that's who I am, I firmly believe that writers get a rawer deal than is really necessary.

In this instant all I am asking for is a cut off date I'm not advocating or organising a full frontal assault on media city.

I actually got a reply on one question and I can imagine that 15000 scripts is a handful, but I still raise questions and I still think that a general thanks but no thanks would really help me as a writer.

I know they probably read shit like this and put my stuff in the bin if it isn't already in it, but for f**ks sake you have to be able to raise questions, we're not f**king amoebas, we're writers!

Scared of the regime? You talk about this as if we're dealing with some international cartel intent on supressing all joy in the world, even the smiles of newborn bunny rabbits and that bit of giddy excitement you get when a kitkat is all chocolate.

There are probably only a handful of people working on this show who also will be working on other things, and most likely don't have time to put deadlines and mass emails out or reply to every single response. I'm grateful for every reply I get as I know they probably have a thousand more important things to do than look through my long winded emails for the point amongst my attempts to be hilarious.

I also don't know how getting a thanks but no thanks would help you as a writer, surely just listening to the show and knocking ideas back and forth on here is of more use. I know we all get antsy when the recording and broadcast time comes along because we all want to know if we're shit or not, I even sent the bbc a parcel of neatly packaged excrement with a timer on it when I didn't get a response within minutes. However, if you're in desperate need of a conversation with people about your work why not do something more local with theatre jerks or local troupes, I recorded my own stuff with some people what I gone and found, and that was just as important for me as seeing what the bbc like.

Well done Ash.

My guess is they are on a weekly cycle so each script won't be finalised until shortly before recording. If that's the case then other episodes are definitely still up for grabs.

Yeah I was hoping that was the case, excellent, I'm almost certain that will be my only other successful entry but I'm happy already to just have one in the recording script. Has anyone any tips on how to cope seeing your own work performed, as I've not been to a live recording before and I wondered if producers frown upon you laughing deliberately extra hard at your own work...I mean really hard, like screaming the words HA HA HA into any available microphones.

Don't just laugh
Shout things out like "Classic" "This is amazing"
"Who wrote this beauty"

Steve what does it say on the plaque above your 4 poster bed?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ May 17 2013, 10:20 AM BST

Don't just laugh
"Who wrote this beauty"
Or I'm not paying

Can I get one of those plaques?

Don't just laugh
"Who wrote this beauty"

Throwing money though a bit over the top, would you say?

Quote: Tim Azure @ May 17 2013, 11:04 AM BST

Throwing money though a bit over the top, would you say?

Not necessarily, but it'd have to be coins so the mics pick up the sound.

Quote: ash williamson @ May 17 2013, 10:02 AM BST

I wondered if producers frown upon you laughing deliberately extra hard at your own work...I mean really hard, like screaming the words HA HA HA into any available microphones.

I would if I was producing the show. I don't think laughter cliques fool people, do they?

Quote: Tim Azure @ May 17 2013, 1:05 PM BST

I would if I was producing the show. I don't think laughter cliques fool people, do they?

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

:| No! They don't

Don't just laugh
"Who wrote this beauty"

I like your style.

"Oh you"

"the very definition of laugh out loud, bravo!"

"Ouch my operation scars"