The Show What You Wrote Page 26

Quote: ash williamson @ May 17 2013, 10:02 AM BST

Yeah I was hoping that was the case, excellent, I'm almost certain that will be my only other successful entry but I'm happy already to just have one in the recording script. Has anyone any tips on how to cope seeing your own work performed, as I've not been to a live recording before and I wondered if producers frown upon you laughing deliberately extra hard at your own work...I mean really hard, like screaming the words HA HA HA into any available microphones.

A couple of series ago on Newsjack you could hear one person cheering a bit too loudly at the end of a particular Jackapp. I think they've stamped that out in recent series so wouldn't recommend i.

Personally I spend most of the time listening to the audience and usually thinking 'why are you laughing at this? Please laugh!'.

Quote: StephenM @ May 17 2013, 7:32 PM BST

Personally I spend most of the time listening to the audience and usually thinking 'why are you laughing at this?

Amen.

Quote: StephenM @ May 17 2013, 7:32 PM BST

A couple of series ago on Newsjack you could hear one person cheering a bit too loudly at the end of a particular Jackapp. I think they've stamped that out in recent series so wouldn't recommend i.

Personally I spend most of the time listening to the audience and usually thinking 'why are you laughing at this? Please laugh!'.

Ah yes, that should have read 'why areN'T you laughing at this? Please laugh!'

I ended up not going to the recording, did anyone else go?

Quote: Pete Turton @ May 19 2013, 9:47 PM BST

I ended up not going to the recording, did anyone else go?

Yes - and it wasn't just me. There was a whole room full.

How was it?

I enjoyed it - as did the rest of the room as far as I could tell.

The original brief mentioned having a presenter/anchor (along the lines of Justin in NJ) and asked for 1-liners alongside the sketches. Both presenter and 1-liners were absent. Though I'm not surprised about that.

I think the main recording session was probably about 70-75 min then a few pickups/retakes. Including a magnificent retake of the line "Sorry" - if that doesn't win awards... :P

Sketches seemed to be about 50% scifi, 40% fantasy and maybe 10% horror, and had quite a few that I considered film parody (which surprised me a little as the brief said they didn't want it to be a film parody show).

I think they had 3 runners/multi-part sketches and the rest were one-offs. A couple coming in under 30 seconds.

Not much point saying what was recorded, as it appears that writers were informed if they made it to the recording script - so any discussion of individual sketches just acts as spoilers.

Though if you've got a specific question I'll try and answer.

Does anyone know which theme they're doing this coming weekend? Thanks.

Looks like the next episode is Thriller according the Script Editor's tweets. He also tweeted that a Pedantic Space Captain went down well at the previous recording....

Oh good! I'll keep my fingers crossed for this weekend then! (I sent in one about a radio report on a murderer).

Quote: Bonzo @ May 20 2013, 3:19 PM BST

Oh good! I'll keep my fingers crossed for this weekend then! (I sent in one about a radio report on a murderer).

Was it accepted?

Are you named after the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah?

Quote: FelixOregano @ May 20 2013, 3:16 PM BST

Looks like the next episode is Thriller according the Script Editor's tweets. He also tweeted that a Pedantic Space Captain went down well at the previous recording....

Who is the script editor?

Jon Hunter was referenced as Script Editor on http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01r1s2h/features/what-happens-next

Quote: Shandonbelle @ May 20 2013, 4:43 PM BST

Who is the script editor?

My new best friend...

ok trust me this show is very cool and the cats always come out on top

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhTdhsWdFIY