The Show What You Wrote Page 39

I thought it was better than last week's, the sketches often seemed to have more room to breathe, and were better for it. I was very happy they'd given up so much time for the Strangers On A Train gag, it was a clever idea.

I also liked the swarm of wasps concept, very Big Train, although it could have gone a touch further. There was one other I really liked, but I can't remember what for the life of me!

Bullseye I wasn't keen on, however; sketch or original show.

Quote: gappy @ July 6 2013, 10:04 PM BST

There was one other I really liked, but I can't remember what for the life of me!

I'm guessing it must have been the Tomb Raider one
*Cough Cough

I've actually been enjoying it as a show in it's own right & not just because it's open door.
I hope it gets at ;east one more run.

Actually, it was! If that was you, as I'm assuming from your comment, top marks. It was a very clever idea, and had some great lines - hooray for Sunshine. Wave

Quote: gappy @ July 6 2013, 10:04 PM BST

I thought it was better than last week's, the sketches often seemed to have more room to breathe, and were better for it. I was very happy they'd given up so much time for the Strangers On A Train gag, it was a clever idea.

I also liked the swarm of wasps concept, very Big Train, although it could have gone a touch further. There was one other I really liked, but I can't remember what for the life of me!

Bullseye I wasn't keen on, however; sketch or original show.

I did swarm of wasps, and originally wanted it to go further, too far in fact. I included a giant fist shape of wasps saving the day, before the wasps were shot, revealing during their dying breath that they'd had an affair with a co-worker whose pelvis was now the size of a fridge freezer. However this did require the wasps to somehow be audible in what they were saying, something I hadn't entirely thought through, hence some very necessary editing by the script editor.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ July 6 2013, 10:31 PM BST

I'm guessing it must have been the Tomb Raider one
*Cough Cough

I've actually been enjoying it as a show in it's own right & not just because it's open door.
I hope it gets at ;east one more run.

I also loved the tomb raider one well done, especially the ending. Realllly hope it gets recommissioned with the same cast.

Great that they're making these available as podcasts - Ep 1 was 'Comedy of the Week' and Ep 2 is a special bonus 'Comedy of the Week' (available at the moment). Hope it continues for the last two.

If the production team are reading this (as I suspect they might at some point), thanks for realising that new writers love downloading their work to keep for ever and ever. And hopefully lots of civilian podcast listeners are enjoying it too (it's certainly high up in the iTunes charts at the moment).

Loved Freve's sketch :)

Aww Cheers guys.

And it was a sketch that started it's life on Critique in here which is nice.
Although it seems to say removed by author at the moment (how very Bussellish)

Not quite so into this week's, but if any of you wrote the Richard III sketch, I enjoyed that the most. Wave

What an annoyingly short series.

I speak not as a writer or as a listener but simply someone following the thread...

I enjoyed the last one far more than I expected to, the theme didn't really entice me like the others, but there were some very decent sketches in there.