The Show What You Wrote Page 28

Quote: Pete Turton @ May 23 2013, 2:52 PM BST

So with only four episodes being recorded and horror being rejected, that leaves kitchen sink, documentary and history left for two episodes...at idea which of those three will be left out?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/the_show_what_you_wrote/

The themes for each episode are:

1) Science fiction / Fantasy
2) Thriller / Suspense
3) Historical / Costume Drama
4) Kitchen Sink Drama

Quote: Judgement Dave @ May 23 2013, 2:38 PM BST

Both shows hit - damn fine, Ash. Well done.

Ta very much, I believe I met you at the recording? Or was it someone masquerading as you.

Quote: ash williamson @ May 23 2013, 3:05 PM BST

Ta very much, I believe I met you at the recording? Or was it someone masquerading as you.

Now we've met you must realise that no-one would want to masquerade as me...

Quote: Pete Turton @ May 23 2013, 2:52 PM BST

So with only four episodes being recorded and horror being rejected, that leaves kitchen sink, documentary and history left for two episodes...at idea which of those three will be left out?

Documentary was cut and absorbed into the other episodes if they fit the genre.

Bugger.

Quote: Judgement Dave @ May 23 2013, 3:06 PM BST

Now we've met you must realise that no-one would want to masquerade as me...

On the contrary sir, your presence made me glad I wasn't the only one who didnt turn up in a suit jacket and pleats, I feel we changed the perception of the typical radio 4 audience, some might say we're revolutionaries; I'd be one of those people.

I might take it further this week, turn up in trackies and bring a 3 litre bottle of white lightning, cursing in between sketches, that'll show those radio 4 lot with their 'demographics'.

Quote: ash williamson @ May 23 2013, 3:16 PM BST

On the contrary sir, your presence made me glad I wasn't the only one who didnt turn up in a suit jacket and pleats, I feel we changed the perception of the typical radio 4 audience, some might say we're revolutionaries; I'd be one of those people.

I might take it further this week, turn up in trackies and bring a 3 litre bottle of white lightning, cursing in between sketches, that'll show those radio 4 lot with their 'demographics'.

I'll have you know that I only turned up attired as I was because my evening wear was at the dry cleaners following a nasty altercation between a rogan josh and my cummerbund.

Sadly I feel it may happen again this week - so if I bring the lager and blackcurrant fancy making it snakebite and black?

that'll show those radio 4 lot with their 'demographics'.

We can have our own demographics. I'll get us started with a crayon drawing of Fathers 4 Justice batman handcuffed to the Downing Street gates.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ May 23 2013, 2:51 PM BST

Haven't been put out of my misery yet.
But I'm suspecting bad news by now.

Ditto :(

Quote: Shandonbelle @ May 23 2013, 4:07 PM BST

Ditto :(

me neither... :|

Congratulations to Rexer and Ash - Getting to the last 28 given the competition is some going!

And especially to Ash who I think is the first double hit. Really great job.

Quote: Judgement Dave @ May 23 2013, 2:32 PM BST

As far as I've seen week 1 was Sci-Fi and this week has been known to be Thriller since the weekend (according to the script ed's tweet).

Twitter-instant messaging (unless you forget to tell people)...

People haven't worn suits to recordings since the days of The Goon Show. Congrats though.

In awe of people who, out of 15,000 sketches, made the cut. Be proud folks, be very proud.

Yes indeed! Well done all so far.

Excellent work to those guys who've got through!

Yes, well done you gits ;)