The Show What You Wrote Page 33

I've given up already.
Just about to write a sketch about a writer who checks his email so much that the word 'refresh' causes a panic attack and the phrase 'no new messages' causes a seizure.
I was actually glad of a penis enlargement email. Well I would be wouldn't I?
Just need to sell some sketches to pay for the operation.

Still nothing, so my brain has decided that there was an unplanned fire drill at the time they usually send out notifications, and therefore they were delayed until this morning.

If this morning nothing comes, the story up my sleeve is that someone brought in end of series cakes, but one person had a nut allergy and another was vegan. Both are on their way to have their stomachs pumped and will have to send out notifications late tonight.

The excuse I'm making myself for not getting an email in the evening is more vulgar than I wish to admit.

Quote: ash williamson @ June 7 2013, 10:21 AM BST

Still nothing, so my brain has decided that there was an unplanned fire drill at the time they usually send out notifications, and therefore they were delayed until this morning.

If this morning nothing comes, the story up my sleeve is that someone brought in end of series cakes, but one person had a nut allergy and another was vegan. Both are on their way to have their stomachs pumped and will have to send out notifications late tonight.

The excuse I'm making myself for not getting an email in the evening is more vulgar than I wish to admit.

Did you have another rewrite request Ash for episode 4? Good work. I think the only person to match you was Eddie Robson and he has his own BBC Radio Sitcom!

Quote: StephenM @ June 7 2013, 10:29 AM BST

Did you have another rewrite request Ash for episode 4? Good work. I think the only person to match you was Eddie Robson and he has his own BBC Radio Sitcom!

No rewrite requests for episode 4 for me, but I heard positive noises about a couple of sketches I submitted, whether or not they made the final 50 or the 28 remains to be seen.

I know for sure it definitely wasn't the remake of Kes I wrote with a robot Kestrel called Kes-Lor, even if that is an awesome name.

Well I can confirm the good news / bad news e-mail has gone out.

Got to the read-through but alas not the recording. I truly feel ambivalent now.

I just got an email saying I've got something in the script for the 4th recording. No idea what but If it's kitchen sink I know which one I want it to be. I never heard anything back either way after the sci fi one, so am hoping no news is good news. :|

Also did anyone else get an email a few days ago from them asking for more information in terms of name/ age / location etc or have I just been the victim of an extremely well targeted identity fraud scam?

Yeah also just got the email saying one in the recording for kitchen sink, one in the readthrough that was dropped, rather chuffed with that!

I also received that email asking for information, and I didn't even think twice about replying, which is why I've been the victim of fraud several times. Luckily I replied with really stupid answers, so on the off chance it is dodgy I'll be fine.

Yes I got a questionaire e mail as well.
That was the only confirmation that I'd had something recorded.

I'd take that as a positive sign you've made the final broadcast cut. Well down you three!

I got the info request email, so sadly for the others that's not comfirmation of broadcast (as I've not got an Ep 4 email and for earlier episodes I had one rewrite "recorded but cut" & one that didn't make the recorded script)

Well, after not hearing anything since submitting my material back in March, I received an email telling me I'm in the record, with a sketch called "Our Family History."

Well done to everyone who submitted.

Good luck to all that are in the record.

Matt.

Got the email saying I made it to read-through but not recording,(they put my Thriller on to Kitchen Sink instead)...thought I'd feel worse but maybe the disappointments not kicked in yet. They said only forty sketches got to this stage, so not bad I guess.

Well done to all who got on!

Well done to all who have got into the record and those who got some response.
I'm starting to feel like the only one who has heard nothing at all.
I'm pretty sure my sketch set in space won't make kitchen sink. But they do have sinks up there right?

Ever the optimist.

Yes - well done to everyone who got something on SWYW or even a response.

Mikemcc - I didn't get anything either...

...roll on Newsjack in the Autumn! (Unless there's going to be another Kirrin Island podcast first?)

Nope me neither, so don't feel too downhearted.

Maybe us rejects could get together and do a rejects podcast (although it might be awful, after all, none of us got picked ;) )