The Show What You Wrote
Radio 4 sketch show written by members of the public. Each episode covers a different theme
- Sketch Show
- 2013 - 2015
- BBC Radio 4
- 12 (3 series)
- Gavin Webster, Fiona Clarke, Helen Moon, Janice Connolly, Darren Kuppan, Jason Manford and John Thomson
- Carl Cooper, Alexandra Smith, Ed Morrish and Paul Sheehan
The Show What You Wrote is BBC Radio 4's sketch show in which some of the skits are written by members of the public. Each episode is themed on a specific genre of programming.
12,000 sketches were submitted by more than 1,500 writers for Series 1, and the best made it into the four part series. The brief was simple, submit an email with your sketch, across a choice of themes (historical/costume drama, sci-fi/fantasy, documentary, thriller/suspense and kitchen sink drama).
The show aims to offer a new generation of comedy writers the chance to launch their career. As a bonus, writers are also paid a small fee for each sketch: £36 per minute for sketches; and £18 for quickies and one liners.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Thursday 27th June 2013 on BBC Radio 4 at 11pm
- Last new broadcast
- Tuesday 29th December 2015 on BBC Radio 4 at 11pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Friday 13th April 2018 at 10:30pm on Radio 4 Extra