The Show What You Wrote Page 27

Quote: Tim Azure @ May 20 2013, 4:01 PM BST

Was it accepted?

Are you named after the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah?

No - I'm still living in dream land that it might have got through without edits (I know - I'm mad). I am not aware of Bonzo dog doo dah, I'll look it up... :)

Quote: Bonzo @ May 21 2013, 11:14 AM BST

No - I'm still living in dream land that it might have got through without edits (I know - I'm mad). I am not aware of Bonzo dog doo dah, I'll look it up... :)

Do you know the dog?

:D Ha ha, just looked them up! No, not that bonzo... just a nickname - an old boss used to call me that..

What a nice chap(!)

The producer of the show has tweeted that episode one was purely Sci fi, and that they won't be using the horror sketches at all this series.

Well, at least we don't have to use the excuse 'my sketches were shit'...

Dan

Hi

I can confirm that this weeks show will be thriller as I just got an email saying that one of my thriller sketches has got into the recording for this week. There are 28 sketches that have made it to the recording stage, though that is no guarantee that you have made it to the final edit.

Good luck everybody!

Quote: Rexer @ May 23 2013, 1:22 PM BST

Hi

I can confirm that this weeks show will be thriller as I just got an email saying that one of my thriller sketches has got into the recording for this week. There are 28 sketches that have made it to the recording stage, though that is no guarantee that you have made it to the final edit.

Good luck everybody!

Could it be regarded as sci-fi as well? We've got two different stories here.

Quote: Tim Azure @ May 23 2013, 1:33 PM BST

Could it be regarded as sci-fi as well? We've got two different stories here.

Have I missed something or have you?

As far as I've seen week 1 was Sci-Fi and this week has been known to be Thriller since the weekend (according to the script ed's tweet).

I notice that this matches the first 2 of the 4 shows shown in the BCG show guide - so I guess it may be historical/costume next week and then kitchen sink for the final show.

Quote: Rexer @ May 23 2013, 1:22 PM BST

Hi
I just got an email saying that one of my thriller sketches has got into the recording for this week. There are 28 sketches that have made it to the recording stage, though that is no guarantee that you have made it to the final edit.

Well done Rexer!

((Rushes away to refresh mail program every 10 seconds until finally giving up on Sunday night))

Sci Fi was recorded last sunday with some fantasy ones mixed in, my sketch for that recording was for the horror category but comes across as more of a fantasy so it made it in thankfully, mine was the snowman. Thriller is recorded this sunday and confirmations are going out now as I just received an email too saying mine was also in the recording 28, which pleases me as it was my favourite premise out of everything I submitted :D

Quote: ash williamson @ May 23 2013, 2:35 PM BST

Sci Fi was recorded last sunday with some fantasy ones mixed in, my sketch for that recording was for the horror category but comes across as more of a fantasy so it made it in thankfully, mine was the snowman. Thriller is recorded this sunday and confirmations are going out now as I just received an email too saying mine was also in the recording 28, which pleases me as it was my favourite premise out of everything I submitted :D

Both shows hit - damn fine, Ash. Well done.

Well done Rexer and Ash!

I think my email must be broken - only possible explanation.
:(

Quote: mikemcc @ May 23 2013, 2:39 PM BST

I think my email must be broken - only possible explanation.

With us lot refreshing email so much, I suspect there's some server admins wondering why their mail servers are suffering a DDoS attack every Thursday.

Haven't been put out of my misery yet.
But I'm suspecting bad news by now.

So with only four episodes being recorded and horror being rejected, that leaves kitchen sink, documentary and history left for two episodes...at idea which of those three will be left out?