The Show What You Wrote Page 20

Quote: Pete Turton @ April 23 2013, 8:17 PM BST

Bollocks then, the documentary ones were some of my better efforts....

Mine too. Still, we don't know what they are doing yet.

I think all sketches submitted are in with a shout regardless of categories. The website seemed to imply plenty more rewrites yet to be sent out.

Where there's hope there's life!

Am I missing something here?
On one hand they claim to have 15,000 sketches.
Then on the other they have reduced the number of shows to cater for this alleged influx.

How bad is this material?

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ April 23 2013, 8:48 PM BST

Then on the other they have reduced the number of shows to cater for this alleged influx.

Laughing out loud

You tell us Teddy, you wrote some of it.

You have learned a very important rule of comedy writing.

The management make it up as they go along.

Most of it will be shocking.
The fact that a lot of people want to be writers doesn't mean that a lot of people can write.

Quote: Lazzard @ April 24 2013, 9:29 AM BST

Most of it will be shocking.
The fact that a lot of people want to be writers doesn't mean that a lot of people can write.

Tihs

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ April 24 2013, 9:48 AM BST

Tihs

Laughing out loud

Quote: StephenM @ April 23 2013, 8:34 PM BST

Where there's hope there's life!

And where there's a BBC open sketch writing comp there's no life. :)

I don't know. A lot of good writers on here have submitted material for this. I think and hope it could be to a fairly high standard.

I am not holding my stuff against anyone else I just find it strange that they get 15000 and cut the number of shows.

I know they will get the odd bit of dire muck but if this site is anything to go by there is a fair amount of decent sketch writers out there so I'm surprised at the cut in shows.

This made me laugh *quite* a lot.
Still. Hoping.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ April 24 2013, 1:19 PM BST

I am not holding my stuff against anyone else I just find it strange that they get 15000 and cut the number of shows.

I know they will get the odd bit of dire muck but if this site is anything to go by there is a fair amount of decent sketch writers out there so I'm surprised at the cut in shows.

There could be all sorts of reasons they've cut it down to 4 shows instead of 5. In reality the quality of material submitted is likely to be the least likely reason, as it's highly unlikely a producer would turn around to the commissioning editor and say 'actually, y'know those five hows I asked for and you gave me, well I don't think the material is good enough so can we only do four please?'

Far more likely is there's some kind of scheduling issue meaning there's no longer room for five shows, or maybe there's a problem with cast availability, venues or other key resources. And there's budget to consider too...

They only got 4 slots for the show way before the deadline so it's nothing to do with the quality of the work submitted. Given what they've got probably could have filled 20 shows with good stuff.

I won't pretend to understand commissioning but rest assured nothing you did made them decide to sack off the last week and go down the pub instead.

You never seen my stuff Ste, they're probably trying to talk the reader down off the roof!