Red Dwarf Page 5

The first series is nowhere near as good as the later ones. It gets really good when Kryten comes into it.

Alright, thanks guys. :)

I always thought it was just OK. Never must-watch though.

Quote: Aaron @ April 13 2008, 11:06 PM BST

(I love the closing theme tune though.)

Sung by Jenna Russell, one of the leads in the "Born and Bred" series from a few years ago. Always think she should play Keeley Hawes' older sister in something. I think there's a strong resemblance.

Despite doing the "Dwarf" theme, I think Jenna claimed once as never having seen an episode.

Quote: David Chapman @ April 13 2008, 11:26 PM BST

I always thought it was just OK. Never must-watch though.

That makes you an April, May, June, July and August Fool!

RD for ever!

Series One & Two are funny but it picks up in Three. Then Four and Five are the best series.

Quote: Aaron @ July 1 2007, 3:52 PM BST

Laughing out loud

... Get Sky. Or Virgin TV. Or Homechoice. Or something.

Engage 'smug' mode: I've got the whole smegging caboodle...

Disengage 'smug' mode: on VHS, boo hoo...

Quote: Aaron @ April 13 2008, 11:05 PM BST

Right, I'm watching Red Dwarf at the moment. Three and a bit episodes in (series one). It's good, but doesn't seem anything special yet. Does it pick up?

Series 2-6 are great; it really picks up a lot.

it does get better when Kryten arrives.

It still isn't among the essential britcoms :) It's just not too funny.
But then again - I'm not a big fan of sci-fi in general.

I disagree, Id say Red Dwarf was one of the all time greats, and series two, before Kryten becomes a regular, is one of the series very best. I dont think you have to be a fan of sci-fi to like Red Dwarf, its not Star Trek.

Definitely one of the all time great British sitcoms.

Quote: Sir Geoffrey Loftus @ July 2 2007, 4:25 AM BST

this is just like that damn Tipods Show in the 80s... Anyone remember that? What a messed up thing to do to children ending it there... damn BBC pulling budgets on awsome shows...

were they really that strapped for cash?

Do you mean Tripods?
Shit I LIVED for that show when I was a kid. I managed to find every episode on torrents a couple of years ago and watched them all.
They were so, so, so crap! I swear it wasn't the same show - what was I thinking?

I think they pulled the plug on this, not because of the budget, but because no-one was watching it. I wouldn't have believed that at the time, but I can see why now!

Quote: wii-man76 @ July 2 2007, 8:09 PM BST

I still think one day it will be made, however I suspect that it wont have the original RD cast as they will all be old and past it and probably have a cameo role in the background - a bit like Marvin the robot in Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy...

Maybe they'll just base it in the future then? They did it before, why not again, but without the need for makeup?

Quote: Jolanta Zofia Nowak @ April 14 2008, 5:09 PM BST

Engage 'smug' mode: I've got the whole smegging caboodle...

Disengage 'smug' mode: on VHS, boo hoo...

Laughing out loud

You may laarf. I can't begin to tell you how bad some of the quality is on the earlier series tapes.

Still, at least they're authentic and not these ridiculous, remastered things with an entirely different ship etc...

Could be worse, you could have em on Betamax!