Red Dwarf Page 4

Where did you hear that?

I think i seen that on their website
although rob grant and doug naylor did joke about it alot

Something came up on Google, about the cast getting together to read through the script. It said something about Norman Lovett mot being able to make it, due to him having a broken nose. If you type some of these keywords into Google, it should come up.

Er.. that was in 2001, I presume you got it from http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/, which is where it says...2001.

If you go the news archive, the last item is from 4 years ago, which mentions promotional material and even generally Doug Naylor released a statement discussing the huge rigmarole of getting funding for the film, and even he admits he may have to settle for Only Fools style specials.

And also Craig Charles is on Coronation Street. Just check IMDb as well.

We should firefly it... get all the fans to throw in $40 each and there should be enough cash to get the deposit on a loan or something.

As I said, I only read what came up on Google, so I didn't notice how old it was. It's a shame anyway.

...at least something with egg cartons, glitter, and sock-puppets.

I want closure damnit!

If there is a movie and there probally will, I can't imagine that it will be any better than HHG2TG. The U.S. pilot was horrible even with Jane Leeves as Holly. I love RD since '90 when PBS ran 1st and 2nd series back to back during a begathon. Have seen 3 or 4 smegup vids and Craig Charles' stand up special, I can't get enough RD. So even if the movie is bad, it's still something new and different. Series 8 wasn't so bad. What was bad was not having C.P.Grogan come back as Kochanski.

It'd be an achievement to make a film WORSE than H2G2.

I have every episode on DVD, The end to Only the good, and the smeg up DVD's. I know a lot will disagree, my wife included, but i think Tikka to ride is the best episode. My wife likes Rimmer world.

Right, I'm watching Red Dwarf at the moment. Three and a bit episodes in (series one). It's good, but doesn't seem anything special yet. Does it pick up?

Well I can't be objective as I watched it first when I was 8. But I would have thought it picks up, yes.

(I love the closing theme tune though.)

Still makes me all excited!

The first series is different to the rest. For one Kryten is missing and the atmosphere is different, I think it feels a lot more Isolated and cold, which would in some ways bring the mood down, lol. But it's still great and of course by the second series the writer will know the characters better and yeah you know the rest.