Red Dwarf Page 9

Come to think of it, I watched the first of the three specials and it didn't do much for me.

Forgive me if the following post states the obvious or may be irrelevant or repeating other people's opinions - it's late and I'm too sh#$%&!! to read all the posts on this thread.

Series 3 to 6 of Red Dwarf was one of the most entertaining and imaginative programmes I have seen (It helped when they increased the budget and disgarded the battleship grey paint). Unfogettable characters and plots - comedy at it's best. They should have stopped at the end of series 6, from there it was down hill.

I hope there is never a film, I would like to savour the golden years of Red Dwarf and have a selective memory with the rest of the series

Does anyone have easy access to S01E03, Balance Of Power? Preferably an original 1988 version, not the late 90s 'remastered' edition.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/red_dwarf/episodes/1/3/

I'm trying to work out what the role credited to Rupert Bates as 'Trout A La Creme' is. He's also credited as the chef in the instructional video that Lister watches, but I'm not entirely certain of that first role, which I believe is probably vocal rather than an appearance.

This is only from memory so I could be wrong but I believe it's the voice of the food replicator when the cat is ordering fish over and over again.

Every time Cat says 'fish!' the machine says something like 'The fish today is Trout A La Creme'.

It should be near the beginning to early middle of the episode because Rimmer has hidden Lister's cigs, Cat has found them and in exchange for putting them back Rimmer has taught him how to get as much fish as he wants.

Sounds more like Tony Hawks to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkjbMoj0JY4

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 4 2012, 7:18 AM BST

Sounds more like Tony Hawks to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkjbMoj0JY4

That is exactly what I thought. Indeed, Hawks is credited with the role 'Dispensing Machine' in the previous episode.

So assuming that that is Hawks, what is the 'Trout A La Creme' role? Or are the credits wrong? Not impossible, but Red Dwarf is such a geeky show that has been pored over by so many people, I find it hard to believe that no one would have noticed such an error in the previous 24 years - not even any of the production team when the series was remastered in the 1990s?!

The toilet has an uncredited line at 4:35. It's not Tony Hawks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aajXlgI3GTc

Aha! That could very well be it.

I could have researched it myself but I thought I ask the 'Red Dwarf' "nerds" first see if you can answer my question.
I'm watching series 8 at the moment. In the "canary squad" there is a lunatic with red hair who has a "I'm a brainless hard bastard" attitude and always acts very aggressive.
Could the actor be the same guy who played Rodney's assistant when he was head of the computer section in Alan Parry's firm (I think it's in "Jolly Boy's Outing")? In OFAH he was of course a few years younger maybe about 18 or so. I thought I saw this guy also in a 'One Foot In The Grave' episode but then he was just a little boy.

No, what time period is it?

Can we expect to see dinosaurs coming over the hill feasting on the bones of Doug McClure? :D :D :D

What are you replying to Spikers?
Is this some kind of Future Echoes thing?

Laughing out loud

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 5th September 2012, 12:13 PM BST

I could have researched it myself but I thought I ask the 'Red Dwarf' "nerds" first see if you can answer my question.
I'm watching series 8 at the moment. In the "canary squad" there is a lunatic with red hair who has a "I'm a brainless hard bastard" attitude and always acts very aggressive.
Could the actor be the same guy who played Rodney's assistant when he was head of the computer section in Alan Parry's firm (I think it's in "Jolly Boy's Outing")? In OFAH he was of course a few years younger maybe about 18 or so. I thought I saw this guy also in a 'One Foot In The Grave' episode but then he was just a little boy.

I'm a bit late in answering this question, but... yes, it's the same guy as in OFAH, (Jake Wood) who now plays Max Branning in EastEnders.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 5th September 2012, 12:13 PM BST

I could have researched it myself

Nerd.

...but I thought I ask the 'Red Dwarf' "nerds" first see if you can answer my question.

Nerd in denial.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ 17th May 2015, 5:52 PM BST

... (Jake Wood) who now plays Max Branning in EastEnders.

Is that the bald guy?...not that I'm watching this depressing shyte (Eastenders I mean), but from time to time by zapping through the channels I catch some moments of it by accident. I thought this bald man looks somewhat familiar.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 17th May 2015, 5:54 PM BST

Nerd.

Nerd in denial.