Red Dwarf Page 6

Ahhh, Betamax...

"You are obsolete!"

Laughing out loud

We had a geography tape on Betamax at school once. When the teacher explained that's why it was so rubbish, someone said "You are obsolete!" and just like one corner of the room broke out in fits of giggles, with the others looking bemused.

Aw. You can use a Boosh quote in any circumstance!

Boosh quotes, Green Wing quotes, History Boys quotes-oooh the possibilities!

I bought a film on Betamax tape, for $5, from ebay, a few years ago. It's a really low-budget film about the Hip hop scene, in 1981 New York, called Wildstyle. I'll never be able to watch it, but I just wanted it, for its geeky value, because it had a different cover, than the one on the VHS version.

Egads. You are actually beyond help.

I've got a massive collection of Hip hop and Funk-related videos, e.g. music videos, live shows, breakdance competitions, DJ competitions etc, which I spent years collecting. Annoyingly, 75% of the footage is now available on YouTube.

I bet I've still got more comedy! :D

Did you know there was a format of Betamax that had picture quality as good as DVD?

It was 'Extended Definition Betamax'

Woah.

Well actually I'm not all that surprised. DVD quality isn't THAT high. It's the storage volume compared to size that's the innovation. And HDTV was invented in the 60s, so it's not the first thing that's taken a while to make it!

Quote: Aaron @ April 17 2008, 10:02 PM BST

I bet I've still got more comedy! :D

But not necessarily more money left!

Oh no, I'm rich.

I just 'acquire' a lot (although I'd like to point out, not stuff which is available to buy commercially).

You'd like to, but you can't.