Red Dwarf Page 7

That sounds like something I'll be telling a therapist in ten years.

What would I like to, but cannot?

Haha. There will be sooo many things.

There's already enough to setup a whole doctorate on the basis of studying. :(

Oooh sounds much better than the leaf project our biology class came up with.

Red Dwarf series' 1 and 2 had atmosphere, the script writing added to it and it was perfect.

They ruined it though eventually.

That depends.

For sure the show changed. I challenge anyone to name a sitcom which continued over several seasons which didn't.

I think anyone who had the adaptability to go with the flow would have enjoyed all 8 series. I can't remember there being that many duff episodes, personally.

I think Red Dwarf was consistently good right up until series 7 episode 1. After that, it went downhill for me. can't see the film ever coming out though. think old norman lovett said something to that effect not so long ago. shame that. :(

Only Duct Soup is anywhere close to being a good episode from both 7 and 8.

Tikka to Ride is quite good too.

But anything other than that is really quite poor.

Quote: Seefacts @ April 25 2008, 4:57 PM BST

Only Duct Soup is anywhere close to being a good episode from both 7 and 8.

Really? I would pick that out as probably the worst episode of the whole lot (every series) from what I recall.

Some of the jokes and ideas from series 7 & 8 are top-notch. Much better on subsequent viewings after you feel let down on the first viewing.

Dan

I wondered what was happening with this, what with the specials (whatever you actually thought about them) being such a big hit for Dave:

"Red Dwarf is to return for two more series, star Craig Charles has revealed.

The actor let slip the news about the new episodes, which will be filmed next year, while standing in for Janice Long on her Radio 2 show.

He said: 'I can now announce we're going to be doing two more series, starting in January next year.'

Admitting he wasn't supposed to reveal the news, he said: 'I got the call today and it said "Craig, can you do it in January?" I said "Yeah, I'll sort it out."

'I'm a bit nervous though - I don't know if I'll be able to fit into leather trousers anymore.'

The revival comes after a three-part special, Back To Earth, attracted three million viewers to Dave last year.

Robert Llewellyn, who plays robot Kryten, confirmed that the cast were being approached about a reunion, which will again air on Dave.

He Tweeted: 'All I know is we weren't meant to say anything yet, but Craigy got an exclusive in. I know virtually nothing, truly

'All I know is that we are being sounded out for availability for next January to record series 10. The two series thing is news to me.

'I have not read any scripts, or even heard from Doug [Naylor, the writer] if he has fnished writing them. I know Dave are v. excited about a new series.'"

Oooh.

Mm.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 6 2010, 6:35 PM BST

I wondered what was happening with this, what with the specials (whatever you actually thought about them) being such a big hit for Dave:

Did you deliberately decline to link to Chortle, or did a mod sweep in and remove it?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ June 6 2010, 7:21 PM BST

Did you deliberately decline to link to Chortle, or did a mod sweep in and remove it?

I deliberately copied and pasted.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 6 2010, 8:15 PM BST

I deliberately copied and pasted.

Just checking ;)