Red Dwarf Page 12

Sad to see the brand used in advertising in the form of the new AA advert. All the main cast, in Starbug and with the original theme music. I mean, WTF.

I watched some Red Dwarf IV last night and never get bored of the episodes. The Talkie Toaster one when Holly becomes a genius and the alternative 'popular' Rimmer :D

Even though the Dave series aren't the show at its peak, I'm still very fond of it as a show, and glad they're still making it. It's comfortable and safe and a charming throwback to a type of sitcom that doesn't really exist anymore.

The name of the new series should be called retiRED DWARF

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 7th August 2019, 11:24 PM

Sad to see the brand used in advertising in the form of the new AA advert. All the main cast, in Starbug and with the original theme music. I mean, WTF.

I thought that was very clever use of it and made eye catching ads for both the AA and Red Dwarf now running again. Smart broadcasting I thought.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 7th August 2019, 11:24 PM

and the alternative 'popular' Rimmer :D

Saw that one last night, and thought where have those nearly 30 years gone. Looked it up on here just now and was gobsmacked to see only 74 eps been made in 32 years! It always gave me the impression over the years that it was running into the hundreds but it's not that many for the time it's been running. I'm now thinking is it because there was so much going on in most of the eps? must be contender for busiest sitcom eps ever, up there with Fawlty Towers and a few others.

Rob Grant and Doug Naylor and the dispute is resolved. Red Dwarf to continue across different media:

https://twitter.com/RedDwarfHQ/status/1634162231951736833

Quote: Feeoree @ 10th March 2023, 12:51 PM

Rob Grant and Doug Naylor and the dispute is resolved. Red Dwarf to continue across different media:

https://twitter.com/RedDwarfHQ/status/1634162231951736833

I feel like that statement raises a lot more questions than it answers. I take it they're not writing together still. So does this mean literally two separate versions? A new series where they write alternate episodes? I love that it's settled, just can't quite see what they mean from a practical perspective.

Enuff already

Dave need to bring back Brittas Empire instead

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 10th March 2023, 1:30 PM

I feel like that statement raises a lot more questions than it answers. I take it they're not writing together still. So does this mean literally two separate versions? A new series where they write alternate episodes? I love that it's settled, just can't quite see what they mean from a practical perspective.

My guess is Naylor will carry on with TV, and Grant can do it if it's a different medium... Books? Radio/Audio? Must have some sort of a plan if it's all settled now.

This case serves as a rare warning of the dangers of a writing partnership then. Much has been printed about the relative success of sitcom writing duos, very little about the obvious problems that arise when the partnership breaks down.

I'll continue my own puny effort to break through solo thank you.

Looks like they've had something raring to go for a while, cast and crew already in big meetings!

https://twitter.com/DannyJohnJules/status/1634953430287409152

I recorded Camiile on Dave last week and when I watched it I noticed the worst piece of editing I've ever seen. It's at the start of the episode when Lister is trying to teach Kryton to lie. A full two minutes was cut so it goes from Kryten getting it wrong, the cat suddenly appearing (you can see his arm appear on screen) and Kryten still getting it wrong. It completely ruins the build up to the very funny line from Cat when he says "you taught him that?" and the line makes no sense without the context given in the scene that was cut. Later on when Rimmer refers to the 'advanced course in rebellion' also makes no sense without seeing the opening scene between Kryten and Lister.

Really ****** me off seeing that and makes me relieved that I have the first six series on DVD. I'm going to start buying sitcom boxsets so I never have to rely on badly edited streaming.

I'd never seen this before...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nkQMc_CuPdY