- 1990 - 2000
- BBC One
- 42 (6 series), plus 2 Comic Relief specials
- Richard Wilson, Annette Crosbie, Doreen Mantle, Owen Brenman, Angus Deayton and Janine Duvitski
- David Renwick
- Susan Belbin and Christine Gernon
- Susan Belbin and Jonathan Paul Llewellyn
When grumpy, accident-prone Victor Meldrew takes early retirement, he soon finds he has far too much time on his hands.
His low tolerance level for the stupidity of others and his lack of diplomacy regularly combine to unleash all manner of hell upon the unsuspecting pensioner, and by proxy his wife, Margaret, and their neighbours.
The seriousness of the situation doesn't matter - Victor's luck means it can always get worse. And does.
- Production company
- Also known as
- OFITG (Acronym)
- Theme tune composed and performed by Eric Idle.
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Thursday 4th January 1990 on BBC One at 9:30pm
- Last new broadcast
- Friday 16th March 2001 on BBC One at 8:30pm
- Last repeat
- Saturday 9th March 2019 at 4:00pm on Drama