Red Dwarf X Page 8

First episode is on Thursday October 4th.

Dan

I've seen a few comments from people who have seen the first ep in its finished form, all very positive so far.

Quote: swerytd @ August 29 2012, 1:30 PM BST

First episode is on Thursday October 4th.

Dan

Excellent.

I saw Robert Llewellyn walking through Hampstead yesterday. Which was nice.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 29 2012, 1:59 PM BST

Excellent.

I saw Robert Llewellyn walking through Hampstead yesterday. Which was nice.

Did you say "smeeee....heeee" to him? ;)

Nah, we drove by him, and I doubt he would've appreciated it. :D

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 29 2012, 2:02 PM BST

Nah, we drove by him, and I doubt he would've appreciated it. :D

Come on, you'd have probably been the first person to make that joke to him...he'd have loved it! ;)

:)

After seeing the synchronicity clip, I'm more confident about the new series. Looking good!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ August 29 2012, 2:05 PM BST

Come on, you'd have probably been the first person to make that joke to him...he'd have loved it! ;)

You're not even the first person to make that joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8KluFd1EBc&feature=player_detailpage#t=380s

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 6 2012, 7:22 PM BST

You're not even the first person to make that joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8KluFd1EBc&feature=player_detailpage#t=380s

You must be psychic! Today the postman delivered the Complete OFITG box set!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 6 2012, 7:41 PM BST

You must be psychic!

Or your postman.

The Psychic Postman always knocks twice
on a table

Hastily back on topic:

My guess is the quality will be somewhere between series 8 & series 6 but a lot closer to 8.

Which reminds me
Do most people prefer series 7 to 8? or Vice Versa?

IMO series 7 started ok/even good but became a bit "meh". Series 8 started badly but the episodes became more and more enjoyable as the series progressed.
So, if I had to make a decision: Series 8 has Rimmer full time...so it has to be series 8 for me (a no brainer decision!).
...and about the Kochansky thing: I have nothing against the actress (quite the opposite, I fancy her) not even against a new, female character in the old team. But it shouldn't be "Kochansky" because she was a bit of a mistery the first six series, the idealised "thing" that gave Lister motivation and energy. If it was just a new crew member, a woman they saved from an exploding planet or something like that it would have been better.

(Forgive me my terrible English!!)

Heh, a funny little bit of new Red Dwarf; password is moose if it asks: http://uktv.co.uk/dave/blogpost/aid/653680

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 6 2012, 11:11 PM BST

Do most people prefer series 7 to 8? or Vice Versa?

Prefer 7, but I don't think 8 was too bad in retrospect; I enjoyed giving it a look when I bought the DVD, enjoyed it a lot more than my memory of it suggested I would.

The clips of X released so far do have a lovely 'classic Dwarf' feel; like they could have been snipped out of earlier series.