Red Dwarf X Page 4

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ May 15 2012, 6:08 PM BST

The Space corps directive jokes did get stale very quick

I used to love those.

Cautiously optimistic about series 10, I realise the fans who have attended the recording will praise it to high heaven regardless of how good it really is, and I realise there'll be those that want to shoot it down just because they are daring to make more Dwarf after so long, or that it's not on the BBC or whatever.

But I like what I'm hearing so far and it has a lot going for it IMO, return of the Audience, character driven stories, not pretending no time has passed (not getting 50 year old actors to pretend it has only been 2 mins of screen time since series 8, etc)

If it's Red Dwarf then it has earnt the opportunity for me to go into this with an open mind.
IMO the only really bad Dwarf was series 7, it was the only one when I had to think about whether to buy on DVD instead of being an automatic yes without thinking, but even that had its moments so it won't be a complete waste of time for me.

Now lets get out there and TWEET it :P

I went to two recordings. It's more like 5 and 6 than 7 and 8.

Dan

Excellent.

Can't wait. The worst episode of Red Dwarf is still far better than the best episode of many other sitcoms.

OK, so arguably 'Back To Reality' would have made an awesome 'they woke up and it was all a dream ending' to the whole thing but I'm glad they did more.

6 had some fantastic bits in it - Lister getting his memory back after suspended animation, Kryten tryiong to knock Rimmer out in his new hard light drive, the whole of Rimmerworld, the final space battle in Out of Time...

7 definitely suffered from not being in front of an audience and losing Rimmer but even so there was a lot of comedy gold in there - Stoke Me A Clipper is one of my favourite episodes (although not as good as Dimension Jump), the Rimmer Munchkin song is possibly the funniest thing in any episode of Red Dwarf ever and I almost cheered when Holly appeared on Lister's watch in Nanarchy.

I even enjoyed a lot of series 8 - some of the stuff with Rimmer and Lister in their cell was as good as the early series in their bunk room and Cassandra was classic sci-fi in Excellent Dwarf style.

For my money, there isn't a single 'bad' episode of Red Dwarf, only ones that suffer in comparison to the best episodes.

I'm really looking forward to the new series.

Quote: Afinkawan @ May 16 2012, 9:48 AM BST

Can't wait. The worst episode of Red Dwarf is still far better than the best episode of many other sitcoms.

OK, so arguably 'Back To Reality' would have made an awesome 'they woke up and it was all a dream ending' to the whole thing but I'm glad they did more.

6 had some fantastic bits in it - Lister getting his memory back after suspended animation, Kryten tryiong to knock Rimmer out in his new hard light drive, the whole of Rimmerworld, the final space battle in Out of Time...

7 definitely suffered from not being in front of an audience and losing Rimmer but even so there was a lot of comedy gold in there - Stoke Me A Clipper is one of my favourite episodes (although not as good as Dimension Jump), the Rimmer Munchkin song is possibly the funniest thing in any episode of Red Dwarf ever and I almost cheered when Holly appeared on Lister's watch in Nanarchy.

I even enjoyed a lot of series 8 - some of the stuff with Rimmer and Lister in their cell was as good as the early series in their bunk room and Cassandra was classic sci-fi in Excellent Dwarf style.

For my money, there isn't a single 'bad' episode of Red Dwarf, only ones that suffer in comparison to the best episodes.

I'm really looking forward to the new series.

Agree largely with what you're saying but there sure were some bad scenes. Cat dancing in a robot exoskeleton anybody?

That was awful.
I was quite enjoying series 8 up until then

I imagine this new series will be a load of pony.

As someone who didn't hate Back To Earth as much as I'm expected too I'm rather looking forward to this!

Quote: swerytd @ May 15 2012, 11:27 PM BST

I went to two recordings. It's more like 5 and 6 than 7 and 8.

Dan

That fills me with hope. Everything after season 6 has been a major let down imo.

Was stuck for something to read so picked up Red Dwarf:Infinity welcomes careful drivers.

I've read it loads of times but still, the jokes and writing are excellent. Proper laugh out loud business.

An old friend on Facebook must have been working on the new series.
Just saw this update

"Red Dwarf X delivered! A feeling of satisfaction all round."

So I had to ask.

"Yes filmed and totally finished and handed over to TV company ready for transmission in Oct or thereabouts. New 6 part series."

Woop!

Pity about Norman Lovett though. I read he cleared his diary to appear in Back To Earth only to find he wasnt needed, and consequently cut all ties with the show.

:(