Red Dwarf X Page 3

I fully agree.

I stumbled upon the first Polymorph episode on TV again last night. I love Red Dwarf.

I like series 7 and 8!

Krytie TV was hilarious :)

'Tikka To Ride' is ace, and one of the most quoted episodes between me and my (nerdy) friends. 'Cassandra' was a proper series 5/6 story in series 8 too, and was great!

So, even 'bad' Dwarf is good telly!

Dan

I am really looking forward to this.

My youngest son (12) has just become obsessed with Father Ted and Blackadder. I had already ingrained a love of Dad's Army in him as a youngster. I will use the new series to introduce him to RD. It's funny but son no 1 (19) has never shown any interest in British comedy but loves American stuff.

Series 1 and 2 were when the show was at its best. The characters had depth and were interesting. Series 3 was very funny and well written. Series 4 and 5 is where it started to go wrong. The jokes became a bit crude and childish and the same jokes repeated, and the show became too much about Kryten. Series 6 was rubbish, Series 7 was an embarrassment to the name of comedy. Series 8 was a very slight improvement on Series 7, but still unfunny. Back To Earth was pointless, but a harmless one off episode. They should has ended it at Series 5 and called it a day for good. The horse has been dead since then. There is nothing left for them to even flog.

Wrong.

Dan

Series 6 was rubbish?? Maybe I've been watching my own special version all these years!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 19 2011, 5:04 PM BST

Series 6 was rubbish?? Maybe I've been watching my own special version all these years!

Oooohhh, controversial, since that's the format they are relaying to in these eps to be filmed in November.

Quote: jhmagic1 @ October 20 2011, 1:48 AM BST

Oooohhh, controversial, since that's the format they are relaying to in these eps to be filmed in November.

I was saying series 6 was not rubbish.

Lots of people say Series 7 and 8 were too silly and childish. I suppose they were in a way, but for me the writers tried more than ever in these two series to actually make the show FUNNY.

I love Red Dwarf, but although I enjoy the stories and the characters are great - it's not exactly the funniest show IMO. In fact, some of the 'funny' lines are embarrassingly bad at times in the earlier series.

So for me the last two series may have been a bit daft - but they are filled with genuinely laugh out loud moments (even if some of these moments are silly and juvenile).

I guess some people wanted Red Dwarf to be a bit serious and a bit dark all the time, but give me Kryten trying to re-capture his penis (Archie!) with a broom handle any day!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 20 2011, 11:11 AM BST

It was the series when they milked the Space Corps Directives joke to death. Just a bit tiresome.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 20 2011, 11:11 AM BST

Oh yea, I missed the question marks there.

I think the audience will be a welcome return in Series X.

Quote: Badhead @ October 23 2011, 8:50 PM BST

It was the series when they milked the Space Corps Directives joke to death. Just a bit tiresome.

Oh come on, they were a great comedy tool.

I agree!

Misery guts!

I agree to an extent about series 6.
It looked great, was slickly put together & had some good special effects
But you could tell the show was going downhill writing wise (albeit not drastically at this stage)
The Space corps directive jokes did get stale very quick
It all seemed a bit Red Dwarf by numbers

Having said that If they could get back to the quality of season 6 rather than what's come after then I would be delighted & very surprised indeed.