Red Dwarf X Page 11

I wish Only Fools and Horses ended with them walking into the sunset with their money.

If anything else ruined Indian 4 for me, it was that Shia fella, he was bloody terrible.

Quote: Scott Evans @ September 24 2012, 10:20 AM BST

If anything else ruined Indian 4 for me, it was that Shia fella, he was bloody terrible.

The trouble is the producers think they have throw in a young and "sexy" guy. It's the same with Die Hard 4.0...Bruce Willis had to deal with this young fella who was absolutely unnecessary imo...but that film was incredibly boring too.

Die Hard 5 is coming out, I think they've finished filming it and yep, his son is in it now, and his daughter again

I don't mind the Dwarf crew looking older now...I mean, that's life...as long as they don't throw in a young good looking know-all (male or female) everything's ok.

Doesn't look like Koshanki or Holly/Hilly are back

The female holly was ok...I couldn't stand the male one. I liked the actress that played Kochanski (the WOMAN/ACTRESS not the character!!) in 7 + 8.

If they throw in a young good looking know-all that means either the makers don't believe that the "old farts" can attract a considerable audience'anymore or the writer isn't capabable of creating the old "Lister-Rimmer-Kryten-magic" anymore. If it's the first that would be ridiculous and typical for our times, if it's the latter they shouldn't bother at all a let the show rest.

Technically, Cat should be dead by now. They don't live that long.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 24 2012, 11:47 AM BST

Technically, Cat should be dead by now. They don't live that long.

And what about Rimmer now. If he's still/again a hologram he shouldn't become older...

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 24 2012, 11:53 AM BST

And what about Rimmer now. If he's still/again a hologram he shouldn't become older...

That's the problem with having holograms played by living actors . . . Also remember people complain whenever during outside shoots during winter you could see Rimmer's breath, but Hologram's don't etc . . .
I'd just like to point out that I'm not advocating the killing of Chris Barrie and turning him into a hologram as he's now too old for the ageless hologram and I don't think the hologram technology is quite there yet . . .

Quote: ScotiaNova @ September 24 2012, 1:14 PM BST

. . . Also remember people complain whenever during outside shoots during winter you could see Rimmer's breath, but Hologram's don't etc . . .

We call those people 'Dicks'.

whenever during outside shoots during winter you could see Rimmer's breath,

That shouldn't be a problem nowadays with advanced technology to eliminate visible breath...although I don't know how expensive it is to do so.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 24 2012, 1:18 PM BST

We call those people 'Dicks'.

good point... ;)

Also remember people complain whenever during outside shoots during winter you could see Rimmer's breath, but Hologram's don't etc . . .

Um... so believably replicating an entire human body and mind is completely plausible, but simulating their breath is unrealistic?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 24 2012, 1:34 PM BST

Um... so believably replicating an entire human body and mind is completely plausible, but simulating their breath is unrealistic?

Why should they bother?...then they should have also simulated his ability/necessity to pee.

But maybe thinking about these things kills the comedy.

Please do not bring Red Dwarf back if it's going to be as bad as Series 8.
As much as I love the programme, its appeal and comedy has always been, since the 3rd series (in my opinion its best era) based on a retard, a drop out, a total arse and a real dweeb. No matter how many people you know you can always relate each character to someone.
After Red Dwarf was returned and the cast expanded, the comedy dropped and so did the quality of interaction.

Quote: Dazzzaaahhh @ September 26 2012, 5:49 AM BST

Please do not bring Red Dwarf back if it's going to be as bad as Series 8.
As much as I love the programme, its appeal and comedy has always been, since the 3rd series (in my opinion its best era) based on a retard, a drop out, a total arse and a real dweeb. No matter how many people you know you can always relate each character to someone.
After Red Dwarf was returned and the cast expanded, the comedy dropped and so did the quality of interaction.

Agree with the most of what you said...but they bring it back anyway, there's nothing we can do about it. So, let's hope for the best watch it. I'm looking forward to see these familiar faces...