10 O'Clock Live - Series 1 Page 30

The Lib Dem woman MP and David Mitchell would make a nice couple.

So.....will it get another series? I think it might, but it does need some big tweaks.

Quote: Badge @ February 3 2011, 11:42 PM BST

I'm coming to the view that the show is simply too long. I'd be happy with 2 half-hour episodes a week - one with Brooker and one with Mitchell.

I haven't changed my mind.

I'd rather we got another series of You Have Been Watching than more of this. Although I did find Jimmy Carr dressing up weirdly endearing.

Quote: chipolata @ April 25 2011, 8:31 AM BST

What have the viewing figures been like for this? Interest for it on these boards certainly seemed to plummet.

Started at around 1.3 million and has since dropped to hover around the 700-800k mark.

I can only stick at it for the opening 15 minutes from Carr and Brooker. They are both usually brilliant.

If there is to be a second series I'd hazard a guess that it will go through quite a lot of changes.....most notably getting rid of Lauren Laverne.

Quote: TopBanana @ April 29 2011, 2:30 PM BST

I can only stick at it for the opening 15 minutes from Carr and Brooker. They are both usually brilliant.

If there is to be a second series I'd hazard a guess that it will go through quite a lot of changes.....most notably getting rid of Lauren Laverne.

Actually if you look at their rival shows, Frank Skinner's Opinionated and The Graham Norton Show, this was streets ahead. Okay, they're not topical shows so you wouldn't expect them to be overkeen on the Royal Wedding, but not even Miranda Hart could make The Graham Norton Show stand out.

The Graham Norton Show this week was very funny. Made me laugh loads more than any sitcom/comedy programme in the last few weeks.

I agree- it was the best edition I've seen of TGNS.

Quote: Tim Azure @ April 30 2011, 2:19 PM BST

Actually if you look at their rival shows, Frank Skinner's Opinionated and The Graham Norton Show, this was streets ahead. Okay, they're not topical shows so you wouldn't expect them to be overkeen on the Royal Wedding, but not even Miranda Hart could make The Graham Norton Show stand out.

Disagree 100%. This week's The Graham Norton Show was very amusing, and 10 O'Clock Live was much the same as it has always been - annoying in its patheticness.

D'oh, the series ended already? I guess we won't see anything re the recent death of Osama then... Rolling eyes

Also, is it just me or is there sexual tension between Jimmy and Lauren? :$

Quote: Aaron @ May 2 2011, 1:05 PM BST

Disagree 100%. This week's The Graham Norton Show was very amusing, and 10 O'Clock Live was much the same as it has always been - annoying in its patheticness.

I think both shows were very similar to what they usually are, to be fair.

Quote: Tim Azure @ April 30 2011, 2:19 PM BST

Actually if you look at their rival shows, Frank Skinner's Opinionated /.../this was streets ahead.

I sat incredulous through his opening spiel this week; every gag fell flat. I've no idea how someone as accomplished as him can manage to be so unfunny.

:) I enjoyed Graham Norton show, like the audience participation.

I enjoyed 10 O'Clock Live for Jimmy Carr amd Charlie Brooker's bits. They were funny.

The rest?

Is anyone else tired of David Mitchell's act yet? His parts were too smug and self satisfied for their own good.

Lauren Laverne wore nice dresses.