10 O'Clock Live
Topical comedy show broadcast live. The hosts are Jimmy Carr, David Mitchell, Charlie Brooker and Lauren Laverne
- Panel Show
- 2011 - 2013
- Channel 4
- 33 (3 series)
- Jimmy Carr, David Mitchell, Charlie Brooker and Lauren Laverne
- Charlie Brooker, Jimmy Carr, Lauren Laverne and David Mitchell
- Richard Valentine, Barbara Wiltshire, Gavin O'Grady and Tom McKay
- David Price, Russell Balkind, Richard Cohen, Simon McKeown, Natasha Shallice, Andrew Westwell, Gavin O'Grady, Adam Copeland, Anne Henry, Jodie Krstic and others
Each presenter has their own section, and all four come together for some parts of the show:
Jimmy Carr delivers gags at the start of the show (and, in the first two series, performed sketches too).
David Mitchell chairs discussions and conducts interviews (and also delivered a monologue in earlier series).
Charlie Brooker takes an acerbic and cynical look at the week's media coverage with the help of video clips.
Meanwhile, Lauren Laverne chairs the team's round-table discussions on the big topics of the week. In Series 2 she also challenged viewers to think differently about topics in pre-prepared pieces.
The first series, broadcast in early 2011, took place on Thursday nights almost directly opposite the BBC's Question Time. Series 2 moved to Wednesdays, with tweaks to the format allowing each feature to be given more airtime. Series 3 stayed on Wednesdays, with further sections cut to allow for more time for the interviews and round table discussions.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- Live audience
View recording details
- First broadcast
- Thursday 20th January 2011 on Channel 4 at 10pm
- Last new broadcast
- Wednesday 12th June 2013 on Channel 4 at 10:30pm
- Last repeat
- Friday 14th June 2013 at 11:35pm