10 O'Clock Live - Series 1 Page 16

Quote: GGdown @ January 30 2011, 10:46 PM GMT

it would benefit alot more from being two lots of 30 mins a week

That worked for the '60s Batman TV series, so it might also work for this. Errr

Quote: Baumski @ January 31 2011, 12:14 PM GMT

For those of us who can remember or have seen clips, '10 O'Clock Live' only goes to show how polished 'That Was The Week That Was' was.

'Fraid I can't agree. Seen quite a few TW3 clips and they are quite often gaucher and more forced than the stuff on 10 O'Clock Live.

The bit that confused me is where they sit down round the table and discuss the issues seriously. Why? I keep expecting to turn over to question time and find Theresa May, The Archbishop of Canterbury and Shami Chakrabati trying to top each other's gags.

And I have never, ever seen two men look more awkward and uncomfortable than Charlie Brooker and David Mitchell perching 'nonchalantly' on a desk.

Laverne has graduated from 'benignly tedious' to 'irritatingly needy'... Is this part of the tweaking process?

The NHS bit with Carr was terrible.

And they've taken pity on poor David and given him Caroline Lucas to "grill". Perhaps next week he can interview Robert Webb on Arts funding? Or a 5 year old on the implications of Free Schools?

Better running order this week. I'm coming to the view that the show is simply too long. I'd be happy with 2 half-hour episodes a week - one with Brooker and one with Mitchell.

I've enjoyed it tonight. Although I'd agree it's too long, and Laverne superfluous to requirements.

The first part was excellent, featuring Jimmy, David & Charlie's solo bits. It's gone off the boil since though.

I did enjoy the intentional f**k up bit, it had me going for a few moments. I genuinely felt sorry for Brooker, I thought he'd lost it. And Laverne saying he had a "Shit haircut" made me laugh.

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 3 2011, 10:38 PM GMT

Laverne has graduated from 'benignly tedious' to 'irritatingly needy'...

:D

Yeah, that had me going for a few seconds. I was trickedd!

I thought the talky table bit was better this week, Lauren included. Felt more natural and less stilted.

Ooh... libraries are a good thing. Who'd have thought it?

Sorry, but the hosts still come across as knowing no more than the average 15 year old about any of the stories they are (weakly) attempting to satirise.

I read the credits this week.

If John Finnemore falls in a forest, does David Mitchell make a sound?

Easier for Mitchell this week, interviewing someone he esentially agrees with.

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 3 2011, 11:01 PM GMT

Sorry, but the hosts still come across as knowing no more than the average 15 year old about any of the stories they are (weakly) attempting to satirise.

You don't know many 15 year olds, do you?

Quote: Timbo @ February 3 2011, 11:09 PM GMT

You don't know many 15 year olds, do you?

Not many since the CRB check, no.

Quote: Bomsh @ February 1 2011, 5:12 AM GMT

'Fraid I can't agree. Seen quite a few TW3 clips and they are quite often gaucher and more forced than the stuff on 10 O'Clock Live.

The bit that confused me is where they sit down round the table and discuss the issues seriously. Why? I keep expecting to turn over to question time and find Theresa May, The Archbishop of Canterbury and Shami Chakrabati trying to top each other's gags.

That bit is a bit like Top Gear, all be it without the cars and explosions.

F**king hell, I was working on an 'avoiding the c-bomb' sketch for Newsjack. C**ts.

Continues to be a turkey; quite fancy Laverne though, I've always had a thing for women who look a bit rodent-y.

Don't ever tell a girlfriend that.