10 O'Clock Live - Series 1 Page 31

Quote: Bungle @ May 3 2011, 3:42 AM BST

D'oh, the series ended already? I guess we won't see anything re the recent death of Osama then... Rolling eyes

Also, is it just me or is there sexual tension between Jimmy and Lauren? :$

She's married to Charlie Brooker isn't she? Which isn't to say that isn't th case, but you'd kinda hope not.

The 3 guys are some of my favourites, and LL love J is pretty nice, but this programme seems a bit rubbish from what I've seen. I prefer TGNS certainly.

Quote: Vader @ May 8 2011, 6:55 AM BST

She's married to Charlie Brooker isn't she? Which isn't to say that isn't th case, but you'd kinda hope not.

No, Charlie's married to Konnie Huq.

Oh yeah, that was it. How funny, to think he slagged off Fearne Cotton then married Konnie Huq, they're not that different are they?

Quote: Vader @ May 8 2011, 9:06 AM BST

How funny, to think he slagged off Fearne Cotton then married Konnie Huq, they're not that different are they?

Yes, well they're both female TV presenters, so they're practically clones, aren't they?

Rolling eyes

I think Vader meant that they're both seemingly light-weight dross merchants, presenters of little or no calibre who are rarely associated with anything worthy of his time.

Quote: Aaron @ May 9 2011, 11:45 AM BST

I think Vader meant that they're both seemingly light-weight dross merchants...

Didn't the dross merchants all go bust because of the supermarkets?

I saw a few episodes hoping it would find its feet but it never did. The presenters look like they just want to get it over with and go home.

10 O'Clock Live must be the worst example of a group being less than the sum of its parts since Blindfaith. Devised by some producer who suggested down the pub making 'a British Jon Stewart Show' this show needs taking down the garden and shot and stop wasting the time of the presenters who have already successfully found their own niches.

Quote: youngian @ May 10 2011, 1:57 PM BST

Devised by some producer who suggested down the pub making 'a British Jon Stewart Show'

No it wasn't. If it'd been that it would have been 30 minutes with one host, not sixty minutes with 4 hosts. They also didn't go down the route of having correspondents like The Daily Show.

Quote: youngian @ May 10 2011, 1:57 PM BST

I saw a few episodes hoping it would find its feet but it never did. The presenters look like they just want to get it over with and go home.

10 O'Clock Live must be the worst example of a group being less than the sum of its parts since Blindfaith. Devised by some producer who suggested down the pub making 'a British Jon Stewart Show' this show needs taking down the garden and shot and stop wasting the time of the presenters who have already successfully found their own niches.

I'm not going in your garden, youngian. It's probably full of dead bodies...

Quote: Aaron @ May 9 2011, 11:45 AM BST

I think Vader meant that they're both seemingly light-weight dross merchants, presenters of little or no calibre who are rarely associated with anything worthy of his time.

Laughing out loud

A second series has been commissioned. 10 x 45-min.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000664/10_oclock_live_series_2/

The show will be on Wednesdays (!) when it returns, between 8 Feb and 11 Apr: http://www.sroaudiences.com/application.asp?show_id=765