10 O'Clock Live - Series 1 Page 13

Well, I must say it's somewhat interesting watching Charlie Brooker's career begin its sad (and preventable) decline live on C4.

I can't agree with that I'm afraid.
I'm watching it on delay TV so it's not strictly live

:D

It looked like they censored Charlie's jizz spray

Wasn't keen on the control order discussion. It seemed like Everybody In The Studio vs. Slightly Incompetent Professor.

Professor was a dick though. So what do you expect?

It's been pretty good since the Mitchell interview. That registered its second disappointment of the series.

Quote: Tim Walker @ January 27 2011, 10:25 PM GMT

Well, I must say it's somewhat interesting watching Charlie Brooker's career begin its sad (and preventable) decline live on C4.

I enjoyed his contributions.

Quote: zooo @ January 27 2011, 10:18 PM GMT

That sexism backstage bit with Lauren was very funny.
She should do more bits like that.

That was very funny.

Carr's closing gag got a big Laughing out loud here.

Not much change from last week - I think all the segments work (or can improve sufficiently) apart from maybe Mitchell's big one-on-one. He doesn't seem comfortable to me.

Quote: Badge @ January 27 2011, 11:03 PM GMT

He doesn't seem comfortable to me.

Maybe a new chair?

I'm just brainstorming here...

Quote: Badge @ January 27 2011, 10:55 PM GMT

It's been pretty good since the Mitchell interview. That registered its second disappointment of the series.

I think it is dawning on Mitchell that he is not quite as clever as everyone thought; more worryingly from his point of view it also dawning on his fanbase.

Aw, if anyone could carry off an armchair and a pipe, it's him.

Was flciking channels, but I enjoyed a fair bit of what I saw.

Quote: Timbo @ January 27 2011, 11:05 PM GMT

I think it is dawning on Mitchell that he is not quite as clever as everyone thought; more worryingly from his point of view it also dawning on his fanbase.

Or he's just not very good at interviewing people?

Quote: Timbo @ January 27 2011, 11:05 PM GMT

I think it is dawning on Mitchell that he is not quite as clever as everyone thought

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 27 2011, 11:06 PM GMT

Or he's just not very good at interviewing people?

Or both?

Quote: Tim Walker @ January 27 2011, 11:08 PM GMT

Or both?

Could be. (I imagine it's more likely to be that he's a bit uncomfortable in and unsuited to the role as opposed to him being a big thicko, but obviously I'm just speculating here like a mad shit)

Quote: Badge @ January 27 2011, 10:55 PM GMT

Professor was a dick though. So what do you expect?

Fair play and decency. Is it really as simple as Control Orders Bad? I don't know, but the discussion certainly didn't illuminate the topic. Similarly, if you're going to do Serco, do it properly.