10 O'Clock Live - Series 1 Page 29

They have some very attractive girl-guests in the round table discussions.

It's kind of the same in most satirical shows, this lack of right wing views. Even Anne Widdecombe on Have I Got News For You didn't really put any views across. And you can't tell me what the show needs is Anne Widdecombe... And BoJo was the same.

Maybe right wing views just aren't funny, they are frightening and extreme...

Quote: Griff @ April 1 2011, 12:39 PM BST

Quentin Letts from the Mail has been on HIGNFY before now, he's a sort of sub-standard Boris without the charm.

P.J.O'Rourke has been quite amusing in his time.

And ex-Tory MP Gyles Brandreth is very funny.

Although Gyles was a Tory MP, I don't associate him with the views of 'there're too many migrants' and 'Mrs T was a Goddess' and so on.

I also believe Jimmy Edwards was a Tory MP.

I'd agree with PJ O'Rourke but Brandreth is an anoying little tick of a man.

Quote: Tim Azure @ April 1 2011, 8:47 AM BST

It's kind of the same in most satirical shows, this lack of right wing views. Even Anne Widdecombe on Have I Got News For You didn't really put any views across. And you can't tell me what the show needs is Anne Widdecombe... And BoJo was the same.

You're making the mistake of assuming that simply being left or right means you automatically support one political party or the rags that support them. It's far more complex than that. I'm not right-wing but I assume it means believing in things like smaller government and more personal responsibility, not necessarily being a cheerleader to whatever reactionary crowd-pleasing rot the Daily Mail leader column is pushing that week.

Quote: Tim Azure @ April 1 2011, 1:29 PM BST

Although Gyles was a Tory MP, I don't associate him with the views of 'there's too many migrants'

Most Tory (and LibDem and Labour) MPs are economic liberals who are broadly in favour of immigration, particularly now the English working class are too lazy and uppity to make decent servants. Immigration is a cross-party issue in so far as they would all rather not know about it.

I tend to turn this show off after Jimmy Carr and Charlie Brooker's first 15 minutes. The rest is pretty poor.

Quote: Tim Azure @ April 1 2011, 1:29 PM BST

Although Gyles was a Tory MP, I don't associate him with the views of 'there're too many migrants' and 'Mrs T was a Goddess' and so on.

There is a difference between those views and being right-wing, or even just right-leaning. They're not one and the same!

Quote: chipolata @ April 1 2011, 6:20 PM BST

You're making the mistake of assuming that simply being left or right means you automatically support one political party or the rags that support them. It's far more complex than that. I'm not right-wing but I assume it means believing in things like smaller government and more personal responsibility, not necessarily being a cheerleader to whatever reactionary crowd-pleasing rot the Daily Mail leader column is pushing that week.

Indeed, indeed.

How much longer is this on for? It seems to have been on for forever.

Quote: chipolata @ April 20 2011, 2:25 PM BST

How much longer is this on for? It seems to have been on for forever.

And it's noticeably starting to flag under the pressure of such a long run... Not a patch on when it first started, with all those really sharp gags about Harold Macmillan and the Suez crisis.

Quote: Tim Walker @ April 20 2011, 2:46 PM BST

And it's noticeably starting to flag under the pressure of such a long run... Not a patch on when it first started, with all those really sharp gags about Harold Macmillan and the Suez crisis.

:D And just what is David Frost doing with his hair?

Next week's is the last. So just 2 more to go.

Still can't believe that they've not used the very strength of a live format, to play around with the show and get a better thing going. What an utter waste.

Quentin Letts from the Mail has been on HIGNFY before now, he's a sort of sub-standard Boris without the charm.

I seem to remember Cecil Parkinson being funny on HIGNFY in an oily kind of way.

Lembit Opik has been doing a bit of stand up when he's not busy defending a Tory government.

What have the viewing figures been like for this? Interest for it on these boards certainly seemed to plummet.