10 O'Clock Live - Series 1 Page 25

Quote: zooo @ February 25 2011, 12:31 PM GMT

Ew. Knobbly can't be good.

What about Jimmy Carr's?

He's got lady parts.

In a jar.

On a necklace.

Lauren Laverne really feels like a spare part to me. Seems like the audience felt that way too a bit; lots of awkward laughs.

Nah, she's alright.

Quote: MoonlightingMatron @ February 25 2011, 10:36 PM GMT

Lauren Laverne really feels like a spare part to me. Seems like the audience felt that way too a bit; lots of awkward laughs.

I often wonder what Brooker would make of Laverne if he were reviewing the show on Screenwipe.

Ooh, that'd be interesting. Or if he reviewed his own show.

Meta-Brooker!

He's not really got as much right to mock dodgy presenters, now he's married to one.

Quote: zooo @ February 25 2011, 10:45 PM GMT

He's not really got as much right to mock dodgy presenters, now he's married to one.

Hey you! Konnie's a lovely! Don't F**k with The Huq!! Angry

:$

Hee! She seems like a lovely person, yes.
But she is exactly the type of presenter he used to mock the shit out of, and you can't deny that!

Quote: zooo @ February 26 2011, 11:45 AM GMT

and you can't deny that!

Yes I can.

*adds 'Konnie Huq is actually a facile TV presenter' to very long list of items in brain's self-denial section

:)

Now, what were you saying?

Rolling eyes

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 24 2011, 10:45 PM GMT

Booing Crow annoyed me. Yes, he comes across as a bit of a twat sometimes, but he's representing the average person on the street. Trying to stop businesses screwing their workers over for their shareholders. It's unfortunate that it's always to do with the underground, as this gets Londoners' backs up.

In theory that's what he's supposed to do, but certainly in the case of transport in and around London - where the show is recorded and thus presumably where most of the audience are from - it's not the reality. I've a higher opinion of 'the average person' than to suggest that an odious cretin like Crow really represents them that much.

And then he goes on immediately to propagate the lies and fallacies of the country's financial woes. God, it's depressing to see.

1p tax on e-mail? Laughing out loud Funniest thing on the series to date.

I think Jimmy could handle the show by himself and they should get rid of the other guys. It's not a bad show but there are too many false laughs in it for me. I feel sorry for Lauren Laverne, as I think she really is just a spare part in the show, who's not funny at all, but I do think she's a brill presenter for the radio. Perhaps she should sick with that?

Enjoyed Mitchell's joke about Frankie Boyle's promoters.