10 O'Clock Live - Series 1 Page 24

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 24 2011, 10:45 PM GMT

It's unfortunate that it's always to do with the underground, as this gets Londoners backs up.

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 24 2011, 10:45 PM GMT

:D

Booing Crow annoyed me. Yes, he comes across as a bit of a twat sometimes, but he's representing the average person on the street. Trying to stop businesses screwing their workers over for there shareholders. It's unfortunate that it's always to do with the underground, as this gets Londoners backs up.

I thought he was quite a sweet throwback. As if Thatcher and Blair never happened.

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 24 2011, 10:51 PM GMT

I did say he comes across as a twat, but I expect his heart's in the right place.

Doubtful. I think DM got it perfectly right that union bosses aren't necessarily trying to get what is a fiar deal for their members- they are out to get as much as they can, and will never stop punching. As helpful as unions are to workers, I do not care for their ethics and I certainly do not care for the power they have on government and the rest of the country.

Quote: chipolata @ February 24 2011, 10:39 PM GMT

The Miliband/Peep Show bit was LOLworthy.

This bit was excellent.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ February 25 2011, 11:01 AM GMT

Doubtful. I think DM got it perfectly right that union bosses aren't necessarily trying to get what is a fiar deal for their members- they are out to get as much as they can, and will never stop puching. As helpful as unions are to workers, I do not care for their ethics and I certainly do not care for the power they have on government and the rest of the country.

Power? Go live in France if you want to see powerful unions. They're a shadow of their former selves in terms of power.

Yes certainly. I'm speaking more generally though, not strictly about our current English unions. They put me at unease.

Hypocritcally though, I do need to join ours, because work are about to screw me on my wages I think.

I think Mitchell wrongfooted him by agreeing with him so much.

Without a braying 'guardian of the people' to kick against, a lot of his material didn't really work.

They should do a little Milliband/Peep Show voiceover bit every week.

Better than the shitty Banky bits. And Jimmy's recurring 'dress-up' segment which consistently fails to be funny.

Really just get rid of everyone except DM and CB and make their bits longer. Yes.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ February 25 2011, 12:14 PM GMT

and make their bits longer. Yes.

COR.

Hur hur hur.

*now can't help thinking about their bits*

DM's will be small but sensibly shaped and CB's will be larger but knobbly.

Ew. Knobbly can't be good.

What about Jimmy Carr's?

Quote: Nat Wicks @ February 25 2011, 11:01 AM GMT

Doubtful. I think DM got it perfectly right that union bosses aren't necessarily trying to get what is a fiar deal for their members- they are out to get as much as they can, and will never stop puching. As helpful as unions are to workers, I do not care for their ethics and I certainly do not care for the power they have on government and the rest of the country.

Unless you're a teacher, I can't see what power the unions have anymore, which why people are treated so badly while CEO etc pocket sickening bonuses along with their large paypackets and benefits.