Current radio comedy Page 13

Quote: Griff @ December 30 2009, 3:08 PM GMT

Mark Lawson's just had an excellent Afternoon Play on Radio Four. Well worth 45 minutes of your time on iPlayer.

I like Mark Lawson. I remember enjoying The Vision Thing years ago. Also, who does the joke about his head being on the wrong way round?

Quote: chipolata @ December 30 2009, 3:12 PM GMT

Also, who does the joke about his head being on the wrong way round?

His wife and kids?

I notice that his "wink" has cleared up in the last couple of years.

Mark Lawson's just had an excellent Afternoon Play on Radio Four. Well worth 45 minutes of your time on iPlayer.

Yes it was very good, thanks for the heads-up.

I agree, an excellent radio play.

Just listened to the last in the present series of Undone. Very weird indeed. For one thing, one of the people appearing was the woman who used to play the lead role.

If you haven't listened to it, the whole of the current series is still on the iPlayer for one more week. Episodes 2, 4 and 6 star Al Murray.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search/?q=Undone

https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/undone/

I kept mistaking David Mitchell for Alan Carr in this weeks Just A Minute.

He is very good on the show. His dog on the underground joke was very funny, regardless of its source. And he has nice chemistry with Merton.

Quote: chipolata @ December 25 2009, 9:37 PM GMT

I'm enjoying News at Bedtime.

And me, I'd like more of this sort of stuff. Alex Macqueen is jolly good.

Newsjack... Mmm. I'm sure this is having the shit discussed out of it down in the writers forum. My initial thoughts are that it was disappointing. Not much laugh out loud stuff, and too much over reliance on the Miles Jupp posh persona. Still, the last series started shakily, so I'm hopeful.

Quote: chipolata @ January 8 2010, 10:00 AM GMT

Newsjack... Mmm. I'm sure this is having the shit discussed out of it down in the writers forum. My initial thoughts are that it was disappointing. Not much laugh out loud stuff, and too much over reliance on the Miles Jupp posh persona. Still, the last series started shakily, so I'm hopeful.

I have a slight feeling that quite a lot of people will be voting for and against Newsjack in the comedy.co.uk awards - depending on whether their sketches got on or not. A similar thing happened to Tilt last year. Although it techincally did not get enough votes to justify getting the award, it was voted the worst radio sketch show of the year, while also getting a lot of "best" votes too.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ January 8 2010, 10:04 AM GMT

I have a slight feeling that quite a lot of people will be voting for and against Newsjack in the comedy.co.uk awards - depending on whether their sketches got on or not. A similar thing happened to Tilt last year. Although it techincally did not get enough votes to justify getting the award, it was voted the worst radio sketch show of the year, while also getting a lot of "best" votes too.

Well, I mentioned it in this thread because I wanted to gauge peoples reaction to it just as a show. Not as a thwarted opportunity. But I agree, opinions will probably depend upon whether they got any material on it.

To be honest, I thought yesterday's was quite funny, but not one of the best episodes they've done. It was alright. There did seem to be one sketch which was purely an excuse for Lewis to do every impression he has in his repertoire one after the other!

That said, I did laugh quite a lot at one thing, but am at a loss as to remembering what it was!

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ January 8 2010, 10:38 AM GMT

That said, I did laugh quite a lot at one thing, but am at a loss as to remembering what it was!

Were you looking at your penis at the time?

Just caught Count Arthur Strong. It still doesn't tickle my pickle the way it tickles other peoples pickles, but it's an enjoyable way to spend half an hour.

I liked it. There's something unique in the way the humour derives from his senility and self-righteous delinquency.