Current radio comedy Page 9

Quote: Ian Wolf @ November 27 2009, 9:50 AM GMT

I thought Harry was played by James Bachman?

Is he? Oh well, it was sad to see him die, whoever played him.

I enjoyed tonight's new edition of Undone. Still as weird and clever as ever.

Great to have The Now Show back, my favourite of all the Friday night programmes. That said, the comedian on it did sound like they were reading their schtick.

Quote: chipolata @ November 30 2009, 10:13 AM GMT

That said, the comedian on it did sound like they were reading their schtick.

I get the feeling the Beeb is keen to represent minorities.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ November 28 2009, 8:54 PM GMT

I enjoyed tonight's new edition of Undone. Still as weird and clever as ever.

Here's a link if (like me) you didn't know where to find this show.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00p4klt

Quote: Nogget @ November 30 2009, 10:27 AM GMT

I get the feeling the Beeb is keen to represent minorities.

Their material wasn't too bad, it was just delivered in such a godawful static way. You need to connect with the audience, not give them a Powerpoint presentation.

I noticed that Jo Caulfield Won't Shut Up! reused Andy Parsons's joke about people shopping at Aldi now going in bins.

Adam and Joe continues to be very funny. I don't know how much preparation they put into it, but the sections which sound as if they are just messing around can be hilarious.

Another so-so episode of Jo Caulfield. I smile along with it, but once it's over I'm hard pressed to remember anything about it.

Quite like Jo; not knock your socks off funny, but consistently amusing. Laura Solon on the other hand...

Another so-so Laura Solon last night. Some nice stuff, especially the horrible condescending French characters, but overall it's just not jelling for me.

Bleak Expectations was, as ever, excellent. Nice to have Harry Biscuit back, even if he is dead. The level of loony invention in this show never ceases to amaze me.

Quote: chipolata @ December 4 2009, 9:37 AM GMT

Bleak Expectations was, as ever, excellent. Nice to have Harry Biscuit back, even if he is dead. The level of loony invention in this show never ceases to amaze me.

Yes, and it looks like that a fourth series is in the works as well, but with a new villain.

Quote: chipolata @ December 4 2009, 9:37 AM GMT

Loved every minute of this series. And, yeah, glad Harry is back!

Apologies if it is a little bit cheeky to hijack this thread to mention this, but...

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/radio/bbc-to-mark-career-of-stuart-hall/5008885.article

OK, so he's not strictly comedy, but I imagine there are a fair few out there who have enjoyed Stuart Hall's rather bizarre career over the years - most notably his unique take on the radio football match summary. He's the type of eccentric broadcaster that Britain does better than anyone else. :)

I was disappointed with Sneakiepeeks last night on Radio 4. I like Harry "Clare in the Community" Venning but I thought this show was pretty average. It seemed cliched, not many laugh out loud moments, and a real wasted opportunity to stick the knife into the security services. Still, it's only episode one so there's room for improvement.

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 9 2009, 8:50 AM GMT

He's the type of eccentric broadcaster that Britain does better than anyone else. :)

Did better than anyone else. Unfortunately, I get the impression his line of eccentricity wouldn't get a look in nowadays.

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 9 2009, 8:50 AM GMT

Apologies if it is a little bit cheeky to hijack this thread

Yes, it is a bit cheeky.