Current radio comedy Page 8

I thought Jo Caulfield was poor last night. Really middle of the road comedy soup sludge. I must admit, Vent also leaves me cold. Yet it must be doing something right as it's had numerous series, and had a one hour special last Friday night in the play slot.

Quote: chipolata @ November 25 2009, 9:54 AM GMT

I thought Jo Caulfield was poor last night. Really middle of the road comedy soup sludge.

I agree, probably because it didn't have any of my girlfriend's stuff in it. Next weeks episode should be better as there a whole load of her jokes in it.

:)

Yes, it wasn't the best edition. It was a bit dissapointing.

Rather like Scotland.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ November 25 2009, 10:47 AM GMT

Yes, it wasn't the best edition. It was a bit dissapointing.

Rather like Scotland.

:)

Quote: Tony Cowards @ November 19 2009, 10:42 AM GMT

....one of the characters seemed like a complete rip-off of Morwenna Banks's spoilt little girl from "Absolutely", right down to the lispy voice.

When I heard it, I determined to check to see if it was actually the same person, so similar it sounded. So it isn't?

I quite liked the show; the bits that worked seemed quite original.

A poor Laura Solon last night. I listened, but I'd be hard pressed to recall anything from the show. Too much reliance on monologues. She needs to develop sketches more, otherwise the shiow risks becoming one dimensional.

Quote: chipolata @ November 26 2009, 10:49 AM GMT

A poor Laura Solon last night. I listened, but I'd be hard pressed to recall anything from the show. Too much reliance on monologues. She needs to develop sketches more, otherwise the shiow risks becoming one dimensional.

Still, kudos to you for sticking with so much radio comedy. I been letting the side down badly recently. I done 'I'm Sorry' and nowt else.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ November 26 2009, 10:58 AM GMT

Still, kudos to you for sticking with so much radio comedy. I been letting the side down badly recently. I done 'I'm Sorry' and nowt else.

I expect you've been busy entertaining lady-shaped friends at half past six every night.

I wish I was. :(

Quote: chipolata @ November 26 2009, 11:01 AM GMT

I expect you've been busy entertaining lady-shaped friends at half past six every night.

I wish I was. :(

Nah. Probably just having a 'power nap'.

Just carry on with the hookers. Works out cheaper in the long run. Hug

I quite liked it. I laughed openly at the "Chicken a-la The Witch Is Trying To Steal Him From You" sketch, and smirked at others. There was a strong bias toward 'womanly stuff', which might not appeal to a lot of men.

My strongest criticism would be that a lot of the material seemed over-familiar.

Quote: Nogget @ November 26 2009, 11:18 AM GMT

I quite liked it. I laughed openly at the "Chicken a-la The Witch Is Trying To Steal Him From You" sketch, and smirked at others. There was a strong bias toward 'womanly stuff', which might not appeal to a lot of men.

Well, I like woman stuff. And The Ladies, last night, had plenty of womanly stuff I laughed at...

I agree with over-familiarity of the material. I think it's a mistake to make so many of the characters runners.

An interesting edition of Bleak Expectations tonight. It was good to hear about Gently Benelovent's story rather than Pip's. Still, sad news about Harry.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ November 26 2009, 7:01 PM GMT

An interesting edition of Bleak Expectations tonight. It was good to hear about Gently Benelovent's story rather than Pip's. Still, sad news about Harry.

I felt sorry for anyone unfamiliar with 40 year-old Bowie records though, since they would have missed the main running joke.

What impressed me was that they managed to pull off the difficult feat of telling a story within a story within a story. Sad that John Finnemore's character died. Although with the loony inventiveness of the series I suspect he'll be back very quickly. :)

Quote: chipolata @ November 27 2009, 9:44 AM GMT

What impressed me was that they managed to pull off the difficult feat of telling a story within a story within a story. Sad that John Finnemore's character died. Although with the loony inventiveness of the series I suspect he'll be back very quickly. :)

I thought Harry was played by James Bachman?