Current radio comedy Page 18

Quote: Tony Cowards @ February 17 2010, 9:54 AM GMT

True, I just hope that in 30 or so years time I'll be able to go on a radio show and get away with doing ancient material that has long since passed into common usage.

Funny's funny. And the appeal of the show is that you do get to hear a few dinosaurs wheeling out their old gags, some of which have stood the test of time.

The Write Stuff's growing on me. Although they need to find somebody other than Irvine Welsh to parody.

Hut 33 was very good, as per usual. Enjoyed it a lot.

Rik Mayall's Bedtime Tales -- what the f**k was all that about? I really didn't get it at all. Just confused me.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ February 18 2010, 11:57 AM GMT

Rik Mayall's Bedtime Tales -- what the f**k was all that about? I really didn't get it at all. Just confused me.

No, I didn't like that either. Very poor.

And I'm getting through Jo Caulfield Won't Shut Up which is pretty solid, funny stuff. It's *very* broad though. Maybe I should be writing less subtly to appeal to the masses?

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ February 18 2010, 3:37 PM GMT

And I'm getting through Jo Caulfield Won't Shut Up which is pretty solid, funny stuff. It's *very* broad though. Maybe I should be writing less subtly to appeal to the masses? Dan

The masses? Radio 4? Are you having a Laughing out loud!

The middle-class masses, then! I do live in Guildford, you know?

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ February 18 2010, 4:01 PM GMT

The middle-class masses, then! I do live in Guildford, you know? Dan

Surrey to hear that.

An enjoyable if unspectacular episode of The Manifesto. But isn't it about time we had a moratorium on anti-Daily Mail rants on Radio 4?

Quote: chipolata @ February 18 2010, 8:11 PM GMT

But isn't it about time we had a moratorium on anti-Daily Mail rants on Radio 4?

Only once the Daily Mail stops anti-BBC rants.

I am rather enjoying The News at Bedtime.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ February 18 2010, 8:16 PM GMT

Only once the Daily Mail stops anti-BBC rants.

Yes, but the anti Daily Mail diatribe has become a tiresome cliche. And no matter how unpleasant the Daily Mail is, left wing comedians bleating on about it all the time gives it far more legitimacy than it deserves. Move on.

Quote: chipolata @ February 18 2010, 8:24 PM GMT

.... no matter how unpleasant the Daily Mail is, left wing comedians bleating on about it all the time gives it far more legitimacy than it deserves. .

You're right, and while the Mail is indeed sinister, there are far worse things in the world to rage against.

Quote: chipolata @ February 18 2010, 8:24 PM GMT

Yes, but the anti Daily Mail diatribe has become a tiresome cliche. And no matter how unpleasant the Daily Mail is, left wing comedians bleating on about it all the time gives it far more legitimacy than it deserves. Move on.

Yes. It's a shame there isn't a funny right-wing comedian mocking The Guardian.

Another enjoyable Act Your Age. I particularly enjoy Lucy Porter's flirtiness with the older comics.