Current radio comedy Page 12

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 17 2009, 7:38 AM GMT

The BCG has just learned that Mark Steel's in Town, one of my favourite comedy shows this year, has been given a second series. Towns that will feature in series two will be Dartford, Wilmslow, Dumfries, Gateshead, Penzance and Kirkwall.

Wey hey, I love this show.
:D

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 19 2009, 11:07 AM GMT

Interesting edition of The Now Show - it's not often you here an entire sketch done as a poem.

With good reason. It didn't really work for me. And am I right in thinking this was one of the few episodes which didn't end with suggestions from the audience? Shame, as that's one of my favourite bits.

Quote: chipolata @ December 21 2009, 2:55 PM GMT

With good reason. It didn't really work for me. And am I right in thinking this was one of the few episodes which didn't end with suggestions from the audience? Shame, as that's one of my favourite bits.

You're right - there was no audience question.

I'm losing track !

Family is broken down in snow near to Reading, the AA are there . . .

So, is this a new series of Count Arthur on R4 (series 5) ?

Just listened to the beginning . . they said it's his new series.

Wooo . . . ..

:P

Yes, it is a brand new series.

Last ISIHAC last night. Jack Dee was an exemplary host. Hopefully that'll be a permanent arrangement. Not keen on the absence of Graeme Garden though.

Yes, but at least Jeremy Hardy did his best. Jo Brand did rather well I thought.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 22 2009, 9:28 AM GMT

Yes, but at least Jeremy Hardy did his best. Jo Brand did rather well I thought.

Yes, they were both very good.

Yes, Dee has settled into the chairman role well. And it is a shame when not all of the surviving old gang aren't on. Death is the only really good excuse for their absence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/programmes/schedules/fm/2009/12/22

Word of Mouth
22/12/2009
6 days left to listen
Michael Rosen takes apart some jokes to try to find out why they're funny.

Sneakypeaks - worst ever name for a sitcom by the way - is growing on me slowly.

I'm enjoying News at Bedtime, but it strikes me as more clever than funny.

Quote: chipolata @ December 25 2009, 9:37 PM GMT

I'm enjoying News at Bedtime, but it strikes me as more clever than funny.

I find it a bit and miss, with rather too many loud clanging misses. Not the best use of Capaldi.

Count Arthur S5,E2 !

'There goes that phone again, ringing whenever it pleases, I'll have that taken out !

"Make the most of this call, I'm having the phone taken out! 'Sorry?' "Apology accepted, goodbye."

Click.

:P

Must admit, after early misgivings I'm quite enjoying News at Bedtime now. It seems to have settled down a bit and let the ideas breathe more. Good stuff.