The Old Guys - Series 1 Page 8

I thought shorthand was something to do with Jeremy Beadle.

I used to know shorthand.
I assuuuuume it's something that you can pick up again quickly? It was fun to do.

Quote: Griff @ February 2 2009, 5:43 PM GMT

It's Dr.Who magazine. If writing "I liked the one with the red Daleks best" counts as journalism then there were an awful lot of journalists at my junior school.

:D You is a mean.

Quote: zooo @ February 2 2009, 6:30 PM GMT

I used to know shorthand.

As if it weren't already a known fact, you are a genius.

Quote: zooo @ February 2 2009, 6:30 PM GMT

:D You is a mean.

But a true.

Anyway, back to The Old Guys now please. I'll be watching it again shortly in the hope that I missed something on Saturday night.

I enjoyed The Old Guys. It wasn't brilliant, but it certainly had some great moments. I think this show will get better with time.

Well, that wasn't very good, was it?

Felt like a first draft. Basic stuff, no funny lines and all a bit dull. Can't decide if RLP is really good, with nicely gruff delivery, or is a bit stilted.

I'll watch again to see how Bain & Armstrong do though.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 2 2009, 5:54 PM GMT

It is so rude it's sort of funny, but I bet most modern journalists, or interviewers, don't know shorthand.

They do.

I thought Swift was horrifically rude in that interview when I first read it in Doctor Who Magazine, but each time I've read it since I've found it funnier and funnier. Even funnier than Roger Lloyd-Pack's weird delivery.

The thing is that when you know someone who actually did regularly piss in the sink you don't find it very funny.

How is Charley, by the way?

Quote: Graham Bandage @ February 2 2009, 10:10 PM GMT

How is Charley, by the way?

Ha ha. She's not that cultured.

Quote: Graham Bandage @ February 2 2009, 9:27 PM GMT

They do.

Don't. :)

Quote: Seefacts @ February 2 2009, 9:17 PM GMT

Well, that wasn't very good, was it?

It was Ok. I think I was over enthusiastic in my earlier luke warm review, possibly just because my girlfrined seemed to be laughing throughout. But yeah, it was Ok. Hopefully, considering the writers involved, it shall improve.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 2 2009, 10:42 PM GMT

Don't. :)

I'm not going to argue with you, Matthew. Just be assured that you're wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Quote: Graham Bandage @ February 2 2009, 10:43 PM GMT

I'm not going to argue with you, Matthew. Just be assured that you're wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

No I'm not. *snigger*

Hopefully it will improve with age.

I loved it, glad it got such high ratings 5m is brilliant. Can't wait for episode 2

I think the best way to describe sitcoms like this, Life Of Riley, The Green Green Grass, Not Going Out, After You've Gone and My Family is LAME

But God, can you believe that the BBC is currently showing 4 incredibly poor UK sitcoms 3 DAYS IN A ROW!!!!!???????

Thursday - 8:30pm Life Of Riley
Thursday - 9:00pm The Green Green Grass

Friday - 9:30pm Not Going Out

Saturday - 9:30pm The Old Guys