The Old Guys - Series 1 Page 4

On now on BBC One.

Quote: Tuumble @ January 31 2009, 9:39 PM GMT

On now on BBC One.

I've given up on it half way through. What, couldn't they get a live audience? The canned laughter played at full volume every 1.5 seconds, completely drowned it for me.

- Recording it - will watch later when I'm less irritated by the moronic fakery that passes for laughter, trying hard to concentrate; but it's too much effort on a Sat evening.

Yeah, the laughter is quite frequent but in an odd way

It was quite good I thought; hopefully, given another couple of weeks to settle in, it'll get hit it's groove. I was tittering throughout, and the weeing in the sink reveal was a nice big laugh for me.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 31 2009, 10:04 PM GMT

It was quite good I thought; hopefully, given another couple of weeks to settle in, it'll get hit it's groove.

Agreed.

The 'cum face' gag made me lol.

Switched it off after 20 mins after not laughing throughout. Will give it another go next week however as I really like the cast.

The first episode was brilliant. I loved it especially the pairing of Clive Swift and Roger Lloyd Pack. I hope the series is a 'hit' it is my book

You vil laff at zis point, now you vil not laff

What is it with canned laughter? Are we so patronised that we have to have lines spelt out to us?

Shame on you BBC

...a return to Terry and June?

Turn off now!

It was quite enjoyable. I thought Roger Lloyd Pack's character had some great lines. One of which was...

"I didn't not have a fall. I fell. Old people fall. It's like 'ooh, gran had a fall, let's shoot her.'"

Or something along those lines. The peeing in the sink was funny too.

Anyone else impressed with the acting ability of granny Asher's knockers in the serving hatch/peeing scene?

- now that's what ah call a woman - phwoarrrrrrrr!!!!

Pretty much the obvious 'box standard' sitcom, altho did raise a wee titter here n' there!

I'm surprised there has been no mention about the dire theme song and opening title graphics.

What was the 'noise' accompanying the end credits all about??

Quite enjoyed it, but did anybody else think Katherine Parkinson's Amber was very much like her 'Jen' in The IT Crowd?

Edited by Aaron - grammar.

Was out last night and thought I would catch up on last night's programmes. Just watched The Old Guys with my sixteen year old son, we laughed our heads off.
Brilliant progamme. I can't wait for the rest of the series.