Newsjack - Series 2 Page 34

Quote: chipolata @ January 28 2010, 10:05 AM GMT

I'm guessing from this thread's silence there aren't too many succesful Newsjackers this week round here? Or has Renegade Carpark shamed us all into not submitting with his biting satire?

My ears are burning! (Makes a change, it's usually my urethra)

Despite my dislike for the Newsjackers, I'm always pleased when a BCGer does well and is able to get credits / payment for work submitted.

Unfortunately, it looks like the Powers That Be have once again thrown a few Vox Pop crumbs to the hungry masses.

I might even listen tonight to see how funny the final sketches are. I bet they're hilarious.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 28 2010, 1:04 PM GMT

Unfortunately, it looks like the Powers That Be have once again thrown a few Vox Pop crumbs to the hungry masses.

Or, alternatively, the non-coms who get sketches broadcast have better things to do with their lives than hang around on this forum.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ January 28 2010, 1:08 PM GMT

Or, alternatively, the non-coms who get sketches broadcast have better things to do with their lives than hang around on this forum.

I so want to believe that. I really do.

Is there anyway of finding out what the commissioned writers wrote and what the non-coms did?

Quote: RobJ @ January 28 2010, 1:41 PM GMT

Is there anyway of finding out what the commissioned writers wrote and what the non-coms did?

Not that I know of, short of asking them.

Thanks for that John Kelly! You've just made my day quite exciting. Good luck all.

It's about 10% commissioned writers isn't it?

The ratio is probably a little more than 10%.

Bin Laden turning 50 and dreaming of going on a Saga holiday

Wasn't Bin Laden 50 about 2 years ago? I remember Treason Show doing a Bid Laden 50th Birthday Message monologue back then.

I got the "you've had something recorded" too. :)

If my sketches weren't in, (Miles interviewing an Average Man In Pub about the Government's new ways to curb binge drinking) or (A benefits scrounger demanding that a self employed guy pays his tax, otherwise he won't get his Jobseekers) then it must be either a vox pop or a Newsbullet segment.

Of course, it might be that my material doesn't make the final cut.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ January 28 2010, 2:21 PM GMT

Of course, it might be that my material doesn't make the final cut.

They must have mislaid the blacklist during script editing. I'm sure they'll find it before broadcast.

This is on the website, Total Politics:

Xander Stephenson Review: NewsjackJanuary 28th, 2010 Ever since a friend got annoyed with me for "ruining the end of Titanic", I have been wary of spoiling the end of things; so I'll try and tread carefully here.

Last night I went to a recording of Newsjack, a relatively new BBC Radio 7 show where the news of the week is satirically appraised.

Without wanting to give away any of the punch lines, I can confirm that the show is relatively funny - only a couple of clangers, although devoid of any eye-wateringly funny moments. But definitely funny. It airs tonight at 23:00, which is past my bedtime and not worth staying up for, so I would suggest you get it off the iPlayer.

What? You don't see yourself doing that without a glimpse of what lies beneath? Gordo fights back at Cameron's photoshopping with a nude photoshoot, Moira Stuart gives advice hidden in a cupboard in your room and the terror forecasting, which recently placed the UK as under a 'severe' threat, is revealed to be largely based around the fact that Osama bin Laden is a Pisces.

For me the true highlight was Jess Robinson, joking about the number of retakes that were done. At the end she said: "I thought I was on fire, but it was just cyst[itis?]... oh wait, that's not funny."

Quote: John Kelly @ January 28 2010, 3:11 PM GMT

This is on the website, Total Politics:

That's the first review I've ever seen of Newsjack.

Actually, it's the first time I've seen it mentioned by anybody unconnected with its production.

Actually, there is another review of it here:

http://abhh180.portfolios.cutlines.org/2010/01/plugging-in-to-newsjack/

So anybody with stuff recorded last night can say that they've been reviewed? Twice?

Mum! Mum! I've got two good reviews!

Quote: John Kelly @ January 28 2010, 11:53 AM GMT

I Bin Laden turning 50 and dreaming of going on a Saga holiday,

No Miles interviewing Bin Laden then.

Oh well, my only hope is for a line or two in Newsbullet. I completely forgoot to send any vox pops.

I didn't realise you were Canadian...

Dan