Newsjack - Series 2 Page 33

Quote: swerytd @ January 28 2010, 11:32 AM GMT

Champagne dinners with all those producer-types just make the days fly by, don't they Dolly?

:D Not as much as doing the washing and cooking. :)

Quote: chipolata @ January 28 2010, 11:33 AM GMT

There haven't been any old Icelandic skaldic poets in the news, so it's probably not for you.

Snorri Snorrison is dead you say? :O

Well done peeps!

A 'Something has been recorded' email here too.

I did go the recording last night. The sketches I can remember are: Tony Blair's agent trying to negotiate his fee for attending the Iraq inquiry, Bin Laden turning 50 and dreaming of going on a Saga holiday, Gordon Brown imitating the American male model senator and doing a nude photo shoot, the woman who decides the terror levels explaining how she uses an old Blue Peter machine to determine it, some British Rail announcements about snow etc., Alistair Darling trying to persuade someone to buy a bottle of whiskey to push the economy out of recession, and a Tescos' representative explaining how they'll be producing three different versions of their new films, from finest with top actors to value with rubbish ones. There was no From the Archive sketch or opinion columnist. They said it was the first full house of the series and it seemed to go down pretty well.

Sounds like another vox-pop for me then...

:)

Dan

Well, I didn't remember all of the sketches. In fact I've just remembered another one - David Cameron ringing the White House switchboard and claiming to be the first black leader of the Conservative party.

Quote: Griff @ January 28 2010, 12:02 PM GMT

Anything about Air France?

Sorry, don't remember anything about Air France.

Quote: John Kelly @ January 28 2010, 12:08 PM GMT

Sorry, don't remember anything about Air France.

Is your name really John Kelly, or is it a homage to the David Caruso character in the first season of NYPD Blue?

Quote: Griff @ January 28 2010, 11:55 AM GMT

Cheers John - that's answered my question as to whether I got a sketch in or not - er, no. Anything in yourself?

I did get a vox pop in, but Lewis Mcleod started laughing in the middle of it, so I don't know if it'll make the cut.

Quote: chipolata @ January 28 2010, 12:10 PM GMT

Is your name really John Kelly, or is it a homage to the David Caruso character in the first season of NYPD Blue?

I've never seen NYPD Blues, so no it's not a homage. But there's thousands of Irish John Kellys, so I guess he's a New York Irish copper? I do spend a lot of my time at police stations but on the other side of the fence.

Rural police station, then?

Dan

Quote: John Kelly @ January 28 2010, 12:19 PM GMT

I've never seen NYPD Blues, so no it's not a homage. But there's thousands of Irish John Kellys, so I guess he's a New York Irish copper?

Yes. Apparently Caruso was an incredible arse on set during that first season and everybody hated his guts and was glad when he f**ked off and tried to pursue a film career. Which failed. Which meant he ended up coming back to TV to star in CSI: Miami. He was a good character, though.

He's not [a good character] in CSI:Miami!

Dan

'Just what exactly *Puts on Sunglasses* are you trying to say?'

I got something recorded too. Judging from John's location report, it wasn't a sketch.