Newsjack - Series 2 Page 29

Quote: Blenkinsop @ January 21 2010, 10:01 PM GMT

Well done all. Noticed Tam appears to be in too with his name all poshed up.

Well spotted Blenkinsop. Must be due to my tactical decision to switch from TNR to Arial 12 pt.

Not sure which was used as I've yet to listen to the show but my gagas were:

VOX POPS

•Who in their right mind would pay £1800 for a leg of Spanish ham? I mean, its Spanish, its ham - its Spam!

•I'm ashamed that Scots drink the equivalent of 46 bottles of whisky a year. Its all about education, you know. I blame the Teachers...and the Bells and the Famous Grouse and the Johnnie Walker...

•How can they say that 4 in 10 Scots drink too much? I mean, that's only 40 per cent proof.

•You can't really blame those policemen for sledging on their riot shields, after all, everybody wants to see more bobbys on the sleet.

•I think UKIP calls for a ban on the burka are just a veiled threat.

•Blondes more aggressive? Well, here, the blondes in Birmingham have more fun because blondes in Birmingham have more guns.

•No, I don't think blondes are more aggressive than brunettes. I mean, look at me, I'm blonde, I've politely answered your question…now bugger off and dye.

CORRECTIONS

•Following the announcement on last week's show, Google has decided not to leave China but will pull out of Israel instead, due to problems with the Netanyahu.

•A correction from last week's show, Iris Robinson has not left the NI Government but has been transferred to a brief as Minister for Foreign Affairs.

Quote: Tam-S @ January 22 2010, 10:39 AM GMT

Following the announcement on last week's show, Google has decided not to leave China but will pull out of Israel instead, due to problems with the Netanyahu.

I think this got a massive groan :)

They might have used your Scottish alcohol ones as they sound a bit familiar. Either that or I've read something so similar I can't tell the difference.

Dan

I knew that was a Tam-ster special! Well played, sir.

Well done all!

No luck for me this week, although I have been credited with a bad cold due to several weeks of staying up v.late writing on Sunday night...

Following the announcement on last week's show, Google has decided not to leave China but will pull out of Israel instead, due to problems with the Netanyahu.

that is really clever and very funny

Just listened.
Well done to the BCG regulars.

Liked the glass and a half gag and "we're gonna die, freeze, burn, drown, etc" made me smile.

I also liked the Miles emails Dappy skech.
And yeah, Netanyahu was very clever.

Thanks, guys'n'gals, much appreciated.

Prepared now for another few years in the wilderness.

Tam

Does anyone know the cut-off for Newsbullet lines? It seems only Vox Pops and Corrections are Tuesday 5pm, but does a line or two for Newsbullet count as a separate sketch (i.e. Monday Noon)?

Good episode. The show is finding its feet.

Quote: postscript @ January 22 2010, 9:26 PM GMT

Does anyone know the cut-off for Newsbullet lines? It seems only Vox Pops and Corrections are Tuesday 5pm, but does a line or two for Newsbullet count as a separate sketch (i.e. Monday Noon)?

As long as you get them in by 5 at the latest, I suppose. A one liner is a one liner. Anything more than that, a longer Newsbullet piece with various speaking voices, should probably be classed as a sketch and sent on the Monday.

Quote: R.J. @ January 22 2010, 10:48 PM GMT

As long as you get them in by 5 at the latest, I suppose. A one liner is a one liner. Anything more than that, a longer Newsbullet piece with various speaking voices, should probably be classed as a sketch and sent on the Monday.

Fair enough.

Problem I've got now, adding to my lack of comedic talent, is that, after reading Dan's latest blog, I look at everything and think someone else could have written that, it's just not original enough. Though to be fair it was always on my mind, but with it being commented on in the all important blogosphere it is now firmly crystalized in my mind.

I thought that "Newsbullet" was a sketch and therefore it should be in by Monday.

Quote: RobJ @ January 23 2010, 1:54 AM GMT

Problem I've got now, adding to my lack of comedic talent, is that, after reading Dan's latest blog, I look at everything and think someone else could have written that, it's just not original enough.

Whilst a bit of talent is useful, I'd have thought it's obvious that an insane sense of self-belief and a superhuman ability to keep churning out stuff will get you there in the end.

(Failing that, listen to the 'Scottish drink problem/bottles of wine/Wallander' Voxpop in episode 3 again. If that can get on then there's hope for all of us yet)

Quote: Ian Wolf @ January 23 2010, 7:50 AM GMT

I thought that "Newsbullet" was a sketch and therefore it should be in by Monday.

That's my understanding.