Newsjack - Series 2 Page 24

I got something similar in week one. No joy.

I've sent in a bunch of corrections for this week's episode.

Good luck everyone again this week... I sent in a grand total of 5 vox pops, one sketch and one correction. Of varying quality though if I am honest... No doubt I will posting them all in the 'newsjack failures' in the forums again for you all to comment, bash or ridicule. Alls fair, etc etc...
:D

I sent in one Voxpop...again.

At the speed I'm going my first sketch should be completed by the time Series 4 starts.

Quote: Jinky @ January 19 2010, 4:02 PM GMT

I sent in one Voxpop...again.

At the speed I'm going my first sketch should be completed by the time Series 4 starts.

Dont worry about it mate. I struggled this week as I was working non-stop. But I just noted some stuff down in a pad till I had time to work on them. J

Quote: Griff @ January 19 2010, 1:56 PM GMT

Thanks guys. Still no guarantee of getting picked though! (I kind of feel I've jinxed it by mentioning it prematurely...)

Premature ejackulation? Good luck! :)

Quote: jayaitch @ January 19 2010, 4:53 PM GMT

Dont worry about it mate.

Thanks for the kind words. To be honest all I'm doing is fulfilling my New Year's Resolution of 'Try and write something' and those two 'Voxpops' are currently my entire life's work.

But I'm getting there slowly. The first week my Gmail account refused to accept that newsjack@bbc.co.uk was a real address. The second week the email seemed to go through without acknowledgement and this week, to my delight, I've just received an auto-response confirming the email was sent.

In short, I'm a dilettante who prefers posting on messageboards to actually getting on with the job in hand!

Is anyone going to the recording tomorrow night?

>In short, I'm a dilettante who prefers posting on messageboards to actually getting on with the job in hand!

I think we all are. That's pretty much why we're here.

I surpassed my newsjack-y best by delivering probably too many vox pops (Is there a limit?) and a sketch yesterday.

That's more then enough to take the rest of the week off*.

(N.B Jobseekers people that's clearly a joke I am of course working hard looking for work)

Yes! I shall be making full use of two days off, journeying from Liverpool, catching some mates and seeing a live, 3D Newsjack spectacular. I'm the generic-looking brown-haired one with no glasses and no limp. Quite looking forward tho!

This week was a very poor show. Just 5 vox pops. Lumme! Sketch inspiration totally deserted me... Pretty shit week for news, anyway. Think we can expect comm writers to be working hard.

Good luck, everyone.

Wave

Agree with that 'shit week for news...' I think I ended up re-writing the same joke for a sketch, correction and vox pop.

Has anyone got a one-liner in which wasn't a correction or vox pop. Perhaps a newsbullet line or any line for Miles? I can't recall anyone ever doing so.

Ah well - good luck people!

Quote: Beelzebozo @ January 20 2010, 12:41 AM GMT

Agree with that 'shit week for news...' I think I ended up re-writing the same joke for a sketch, correction and vox pop.

Has anyone got a one-liner in which wasn't a correction or vox pop. Perhaps a newsbullet line or any line for Miles? I can't recall anyone ever doing so.

I know a couple of people that have. They've perhaps taken a line they liked from a longer sketch and just used it as a one-liner. It happens.

Quote: Beelzebozo @ January 20 2010, 12:41 AM GMT

I must admit to struggling this week (and every week) the only vox pop I came up with is:

"Saw the pictures of Haiti this week, it looked like something out of WWII. Perhaps that's why the Americans were so late going in"

Not sure if it's even funny but damned sure it's going nowhere near the show.

I'm a bit confused though about why everyone is so concerned about the poor news week. Last weeks show -just off the top of my head - contained a 3 minute riff on George Michael lyrics from the 80's (possibly 90's I can't consider myself an expert), a self-confessed throwback to 1980's BBC, a 'read my opinion' slot which could have been written anytime since the 9/11 bombings, a Joy Division Newsbullet one-liner and a bunch of chocolate puns amongst many other things where topicality (as opposed to tenuous connection to snow or chocolate) appeared to be a pretty low priority.

I'm not complaining, just observing that the news week doesn't seem to be the most important thing for the show.