Newsjack - Series 2 Page 36

My vox pop, about fat people having to buy two seats on planes, made the cut too.

Well done all those who made the cut.
Looking forward to listening to the Podcast tomorrow
Ooh Aren't I modern.

Cool Hi I have been lurking on here for a few weeks and when I see the materal that has been rejected it makes me realise tha I am in good company.Some really good stuff on the critique folder. Also congrats to those who made the cut so far.

F**k me, Mikey Jackson's bust his cherry! Nice one MJ

That's right. I'm no longer a BBC7 virgin. :)
I feel quite dirty now. :P

I got in this Newsbullet line:

"Simon Cowell - the Emperor of the Universe - is releasing a charity song to raise money for Haiti earthquake victims.
So make sure you all do your bit by downloading it illegally."

but they changed it to:

"Simon Cowell is releasing a charity song to raise money for Haiti earthquake victims.
It's already on file sharing sites. Listen now."

Looks like I got a sketch on after all!

Mine was the dowsing rods skit.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ January 28 2010, 11:54 PM GMT

"Simon Cowell - the Emperor of the Universe - is releasing a charity song to raise money for Haiti earthquake victims.
So make sure you all do your bit by downloading it illegally."

but they changed it to:

"Simon Cowell is releasing a charity song to raise money for Haiti earthquake victims.
It's already on file sharing sites. Listen now."

Sort of the same gag/premise as Elsie Bramich's critically/BCG acclaimed Vox Pop. They almost change these things beyond recognition.

Congrats Mikey, £36 richer!

Well done folks who include Mikey J, John K and K-Murph. I haven't listened yet - mainly out of spite - but I will. Mainly out of spite.

Quote: Blenkinsop @ January 28 2010, 7:26 PM GMT

I dream of getting an email. I'd even settle for the automated "We've got your stuff but wish we hadn't" one.

1 series and 4 eps and haven't even had it once.

Doesn't a failure to receive the auto-response indicate that something's wrong with your PC/email account?

Chapeau to all who got on - soldier on against overwhelming odds other BCG'ers.

What happens if two people submit very similar gags, who gets paid?

It could easily happen; imagine the team rewrites one of the gags, such that both the original gags are equally similar to what finally gets broadcast.

Quote: funnyfnarr @ January 28 2010, 10:35 PM GMT

Cool Hi I have been lurking on here for a few weeks and when I see the materal that has been rejected it makes me realise tha I am in good company.Some really good stuff on the critique folder. Also congrats to those who made the cut so far.

I ditto that. I've been sending stuff but no joy yet - however, it's really encouraging to see how good the work is on critique and I don't feel so bad.

Quote: Jinky @ January 29 2010, 7:55 AM GMT

Doesn't a failure to receive the auto-response indicate that something's wrong with your PC/email account?

I'm also not getting the auto-repsonse reply. They did say in their blog at the beginning that it was not a problem and they were recieving the emails. I wonder why some of us get an auto-reply and some of us don't? It would be nice to get one.

Quote: Niki256 @ January 29 2010, 11:08 AM GMT

I ditto that. I've been sending stuff but no joy yet - however, it's really encouraging to see how good the work is on critique and I don't feel so bad.

I'm also not getting the auto-repsonse reply. They did say in their blog at the beginning that it was not a problem and they were recieving the emails. I wonder why some of us get an auto-reply and some of us don't? It would be nice to get one.

I never receive an auto-response either, but I have had a 'We recorded your stuff' email, so I know it is getting through (at least one week). I'm using gmail.

I had a similar problem with the autoresponder in series one. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Is anyone else having trouble coming up with stuff to write this week. I just cannot seem to come up with any good ideas.

Me, Ian. I've got one sketch idea. That's about it.