Newsjack - Series 2 Page 39

Quote: The Giggle-o @ February 2 2010, 6:16 PM GMT

I always think they must get so many submissions about the same thing...

This week I went the route of making up a plausible sounding news story and then writing a sketch about it - in the hope that they'd find it so hilarious, they'd forget they hadn't actually read the news story it references.

Quote: Afinkawan @ February 3 2010, 10:09 AM GMT

This week I went the route of making up a plausible sounding news story and then writing a sketch about it - in the hope that they'd find it so hilarious, they'd forget they hadn't actually read the news story it references.

If this doesn't work out for you, you could get a job at the Daily Mail with that kind of initiative.

:)

I've done 'pants' so far this run. Sent lots in the first two weeks and got nowhere - then I was on holiday for two weeks and couldn't get near a computer. Am pleased to have sent stuff in this week though, whether they use it or not. It does seem a lot harder to get a sketch on this time round so I'd be happy with a vox pop by the end of the run if that!

Good luck to all this week and well done to those who've been successful so far.

Special mention to MikeyJ for finally getting off the blacklist that doesn't exist.

:)

Quote: Jane P @ February 3 2010, 1:24 PM GMT

If this doesn't work out for you, you could get a job at the Daily Mail with that kind of initiative.

Speaking of which... I've just discovered that a Mail story I lampooned in one of my submissions this week has been pulled from the Mail web site. Probably because it was bollocks. So, bugger, etc.

Did anyone go to the show tonight?

And if anyone did, I want to ask if they did a hilarious Vox pop about John Terry ... Playing away.
If so then that was mine.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ February 3 2010, 9:58 PM GMT

And if anyone did, I want to ask if they did a hilarious Vox pop about John Terry ... Playing away.

Was it the one about him scoring away from home? That one's mine! ;)

I did one where he shagged 4 cows and a pig.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ February 3 2010, 9:58 PM GMT

I want to ask if they did a hilarious Vox pop about John Terry ... Playing away.

And mine.

Quote: Badge @ February 3 2010, 10:08 PM GMT

Was it the one about him scoring away from home? That one's mine! ;)

And mine.

If you were successful with getting something in, when should you have heard by? HOW DARE THEY TOY WITH ME.

Quote: Eamonn Murphy @ February 3 2010, 11:13 PM GMT

If you were successful with getting something in, when should you have heard by?

Tomorrow. Late afternoon. Probably.

Quote: Eamonn Murphy @ February 3 2010, 11:13 PM GMT

If you were successful with getting something in, when should you have heard by? HOW DARE THEY TOY WITH ME.

They've tended to send a "we recorded something" email on Thursday morning and a "you're in" email about 7 or 8pm on the same day (i.e. a few hours before broadcast). But it isn't set in stone, and a couple of people have had things on without getting an email.

Thanks, Gents.

I went tonight. It was another full house. Yes, they did a whole set of Terry vox pops, but no I can't remember them word for word.

The sketches I remember were:

Discussion about assisted suicide with supporter, critic and "bloke in pub" where they decide Miles should be killed.

M & S bonus advert ending of course "it's not just any old bonus, it's ..."

The three civil servants from the Iraq inquiry realise they didn't ask Blair any of the questions that actually mattered.

Reporter phones in report from Cameron house to test how he'll react to being burgled. Hides in cupboard and finds Moira Stuart.

Thatcher St Francis victory speech is punctuated by farts due to her 28 a week egg diet.

Mild schoolmaster-type telling off - "don't do it again" etc. is revealed to be to Israeli soldiers who attacked UN building.

Prince Charles defends homeopathy in interview.

Gordon Brown discusses electoral reform ideas as means of winning election, e.g second past the post system.

Last interview with Salinger -it turns out he wasn't a recluse, he just hadn't been getting his messages.

Commentators at World Cup match where England lost reflect on fact regular England team was replaced by people like Jamie Oliver and Stephen Fry who, whilst morally upright, had poor understanding of offside rule.

The Pope gives speech about virtues of Christianity mixed in with his fears about wearing latex on genitals etc.

Adam Crozier is ironically praised for the great things he achieved at post office, Football Association etc.

Hope this helps. There were more, but these are the only ones I can remember for now.

Thanks John.

Looks like I'm holding out for a one-liner again.

According to reliable reports I got nowt recorded tonight. :(

The good news is I don't have the agony of the wait tomorrow! Enjoy it, suckers!