Saxondale Page 4

Well, I'm sure that you've all heard the accusations of Steve Coogan being responsible for this apparent "suicide bid" by Owen Wilson. One comment I saw today reflected that Coogan's comedy could do that to anyone.

I'm beginning to agree.

(Ironic, considering the subject of tonight's episode, but also sadly true.)

That was beyond poor.

To be fair Aaron, that link came from Courtney Love. You could turn round and say Kurt Cobain's death was her fault.

Well, very true.

But still, my point stands that that was a whole new shade of shit.

I thought it was alright tonight, better then normal.

"I'm just going to get in the bins." Had me LOL'ing.

Does anyone know what the song is at the end credits? i've been trying to find out for ages. And i heard it on skins aswell

Hocus Pocus by Focus according to the subtitles

i thought saxondale was poor really. it seemed to be about some people saying words. they could have been any words just chosen randomly.

I watched 20 mins last episode and concluded that you'd have to be a big Coogan fan already to keep watching longer...

Leevil's right. last night's ep was excellent - up with the best, like series 1/1 and the one with the Clarkson piss-take.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ August 31, 2007, 1:57 PM

I watched 20 mins last episode and concluded that you'd have to be a big Coogan fan already to keep watching longer...

Yes, I'll admit I'm only watching because of Coogan. It's interesting to see why his other characters work so well and Tommy falls a little flat. He's still using some great lines and the same style as he normally uses, but somethings just not adding up?

I still like this show and will continue to watch the rest of the series, but I doubt I'll be buying it on DVD.

It's because Saxondale is an ex-roadie for rock groups. That world just isn't interesting. Also, it's been parodied to death.

I think he also overacts some of Tommy's mannerisms and facial tics, he's too conscious of them, well enough for me to notice and not be able to ignore it.

I enjoyed this. I have missed most from the previous series. Shame on me!

Last nights episode was great, I thought; really funny and well played. Possibly my favourite episode so far.