Saxondale Page 8

Quote: Mick Dolan @ October 5, 2007, 11:08 AM

So there is -- in fact -- a seventh episode for series 2? I checked BBC's Saxondale page, but it doesn't have an episode breakdown. :S I thought that maybe there'd only be six since the first one series one was so different than the rest of the series, almost like a pilot, and not to be included in the regular series.

Yes, odd how the episode count jumped from 7 to 6. My guess is they've filmed a seventh episode which they're holding back for Christmas (so they could launch this new Thursday are Funny line-up) but I haven't got any concrete evidence it does exist.

Saxondale doesn't sound like a Christmas-special kind of show to me, but who knows.

So in summary Mick, there may be - but it hasn't been broadcast.

I wouldn't be averse to any more Saxondale. Kind of won me over in the end, and enjoyed the last episode - especially the art gallery scene.

Not brilliant comedy, but good comedy and very watchable.

I guess my reply is fairly late as only just picked up on the show in Australia...I loved it, both series 1 and 2, they had me in stitches...Coogan was great as Tommy, funny yet sad in a kind of way..

One thing bugging me..

In series one, episode 3, the guy Deggsy came to Tommy's and turned up Tommy's amp, but for the life of me I can't remember what the song is called and I have searched everywhere...On the US edition its 'Sweet Home Alabama', but the UK edition its something different...so if there is anyone out there that can name that song, I would be most grateful...

A frustrated Aussie :)

So, any takers on this? :)

The version I've got has Sweet Home Alabama too.

The one I have is the UK version with a totally different song...I know the song, but I can't place the artist or the name :(

Google the lyrics?

I think it has to be Sweet Home Alabama, since Tommy refers to it during the scene: "big wheels gotta keep on turning."

It must be. I'm not sure how I'd have a non-UK copy of it.

Quote: Aaron @ February 5 2009, 1:36 PM GMT

It must be. I'm not sure how I'd have a non-UK copy of it.

Definitely Sweet Home Alabama on the UK version - just checked on my BBC2 recording.

Thhheeeen I believe we're done. Conundrum solved! :)

I need to look into this..As its definitely not Sweet Home Alabama on the DVD I have...

Pity Jason Kindred doesn't post anymore. He was a great guy. Funny and a real wow with the ladies. ;)

Quote: MKS @ February 12 2009, 8:57 AM GMT

I need to look into this..As its definitely not Sweet Home Alabama on the DVD I have...

Like I said, type the lyrics into Google, along with the word 'lyrics' at the front, and search. :)