- 2006 - 2007
- BBC Two
- 13 (2 series)
- Steve Coogan, Ruth Jones, Rasmus Hardiker, Morwenna Banks, James Bachman, Rosie Cavaliero and Darren Boyd
- Steve Coogan, Neil Maclennan and Ben Miller
- Matt Lipsey, John Henderson and Sam Dawking
- Ted Dowd, Steve Coogan, Henry Normal and Kerry Waddell
Saxondale is a sitcom by Steve Coogan and Neil Maclennan which focuses on the life of Tommy Saxondale (Coogan). Tommy is a world-travelled ex-roadie with anger-management issues who owns a pest control business in Stevenage.
Saxondale regards himself as a maverick and a free-thinker and takes every opportunity to impart his wisdom to his young assistant Raymond. As well as Pharaoh ants, mice and occasionally moths, during the sitcom Tommy has to battle with snowboarders, pigeon-loving activists... and people who talk about property prices.
While Tommy enjoys talking about himself, training Raymond in the mysterious and deadly art of pest control, and sharing a few life lessons, Raymond has little choice but to listen. He lives in Tommy's spare room and gets an uncomfortably close view of Tommy and Magz's sparky relationship.
Tommy knows his own mind and isn't afraid to speak it. Unfortunately, those around him don't give him quite the level of respect he feels he deserves!
Vicky, the receptionist who hands out the jobs for Tommy's Stealth Pest Control operation, takes 'banter' to the next level, knowing exactly how to provoke instant frustration... which inevitably results in a few more visits to the anger management course for Tommy.
Series 2 introduced a number of new secondary characters - these included his neighbour Jonathan, Keanu the squatter (Coogan in a second role) and Martin the manic depressive.
- Camera set-up
- Single camera
- The theme tune is House Of The King by Focus. Incidental music by Matt Berry.
- First broadcast
- Monday 19th June 2006 at 10pm on BBC Two
- Most recent repeats
- Monday 6th June 2016 at 3:30am on Gold
- Monday 6th June 2016 at 12:20am on Gold
- Sunday 5th June 2016 at 11:40pm on Gold