Curb Your Enthusiasm Page 9

Quote: ContainsNuts @ January 30, 2008, 9:52 AM

Ted and Cheryl

I wonder if something like this actually happened (to a more serious extent) in the real life of Larry and Cheryl David, and that's part of the reason for the divorce. Interesting.

Larry Jew.

Pleased

Quote: Martin Holmes @ January 25, 2008, 6:15 PM

The only bit that annoys me about Episode 1 of Season 6, is at the end where Ted Danson shows up with a bottle of wine at Larry's house for Larry's party and uses the "I thought the party was today" excuse, the reason it annoys me is because it's clearly the morning/daytime, so why would Ted turn up for the party at that time?!

Because Ted knew that Larry was making the excuse up so he was getting his own back.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Just watched 'The TiVo Guy' lol, that was a good one, poor Larry though :(

Just finished the whole series, anyone know if this is coming back for more? It was a very crazy ending, but felt like a conclusion. The quality was definitely back up for me, although it was a lot more "wackier" this time.

Quote: Leevil @ February 2, 2008, 1:42 PM

Just finished the whole series, anyone know if this is coming back for more? It was a very crazy ending, but felt like a conclusion. The quality was definitely back up for me, although it was a lot more "wackier" this time.

I have heard Larry wants to do another 2 seasons,
no offical word though.

I thought this week's More4 showing (Ida Funkhowser Roadside Memorial) was the WORST. EPISODE. EVER. What's happening with this show? It's veering from great to crap (and hopefully back again).

So many reasons why I hated this episode. Ponderous direction. Too much of Larry hanging on at the end of scenes. Naff ideas (like, wow, have you noticed how sometimes you get in the wrong queue and the other one always seems to move quicker?). Plot points too derivative of previous episodes - e.g. the 5 Wood (Funkhowser funeral); The Doll (stealing one thing and then having to get it back).

Worst of all, inconsistent and unbelievable character behaviour. Larry's an unusually insensitive character, but would he really steal flowers like that? And given the consequences, would Cheryl really encourage him to steal them back from the school principal?

Isn't that what it's always been like, though?

No.

Oh.

I agree with some of Badge's criticisms. Too many times LD makes you think he has only one option, but you just end up thinking no he doesn't.

There are whopping great loop holes in this current series that make you think, "Why didn't he just do that?" The main problem is that the novelties worn off Curb, and once that happens you start to watch with far more scrutiny.

It just feels a bit contrived and templated. After so many shows you get used to what the characters are like and so it sticks out when they suddenly react uncharacteristically.

WTF? I don't understand this "he's got other options" argument. I think that every f**king episode, and have only got as far as the first of season two. Are you all too in love with the show to have noticed this before?!