Curb Your Enthusiasm Page 13

Do you mean that the woman who plays his onscreen wife is prettier than his real life wife?

I think that's what they're saying... :S

I didn't even know he had a real life wife, to be honest.

Was that a pic of her back there?
I think screen wife is a bit shrill looking. (not that one can 'look' shrill, but, I know what I mean.)

I also know what you mean. She looks peculiar.

Larry David and his wife have since split up. I think I'm right it saying that that was the inspiration behind the exit of Cheryl in series 6.

Onto season four at the moment, so way behind regular watchers, and have been enjoying it until episode five '5 wood' which I thought was a disaster.

The whole 'good Hodgkins' had been done to death previously and he was still going on about it. Then they went on and on about the 5 wood and the meeting to get into their new club was painful. It really surprised me how poor it was. "Okay, I get you're trying to impress these snotty presidents of the club, but could you not have done it quicker with some laughs in it?"

I thought David Schwimmer looked ill at ease too, ad-libbing.

A mate has lent me seasons 1 & 2 of Curb. After watching one episode ("Trick or Treat") I am not sure it is my thing, but feel obliged to give it more of a go. Can anyone suggest an episode which might make a convert of me?

Quote: Timbo @ June 28 2008, 12:50 PM BST

A mate has lent me seasons 1 & 2 of Curb. After watching one episode ("Trick or Treat") I am not sure it is my thing, but feel obliged to give it more of a go. Can anyone suggest an episode which might make a convert of me?

Stick with it. Like you I wasn't sure what to think at first, but kept with it because it came so highly recommended. It's not my favourite programme, but it's certainly very enjoyable, and at times very funny.

Okay cheers. I'll give "The Doll" a go.

What is this show like?

Oh, like, great.

Innit, like.

It's amusing.

I tried, but I have a low threshold for embarrassment. A sitcom where ALL the humour comes from the lead humiliating himself is more than I can cope with. I had to keep running out of the room...

As do I. I don't get why it's particularly funny. But I still enjoy Curb Your Enthusiasm. Oh well, not for everyone.

I think Trick or Treat might be my favourite episode. If it's the one I think it is.
Have you watched Beloved Aunt? That was the first one I saw. And I LOVED it.