Curb Your Enthusiasm Page 23

Quote: Lazzard @ 14th February 2024, 10:56 AM

Where's it showing?

Quote: Firkin @ 14th February 2024, 5:09 PM

Exclusively on HBO's TV channel. But "the youth" in my family tell me you can normally find some "torrent" with it on free view.

Actually you can also watch it on the Sky Comedy Channel, Mondays, 9pm. The first 2 episodes have been shown so far, so they're available.

Seen the first 2 episodes now. (MILD SPOILERS) Didn't care for the first episode - Larry's frequent ranting was a bit too OTT aggressive rather than amusing, and I'm not keen on the return of 2 rather annoying characters from the previous series (Maria Sofia, who inexplicably has now become a national superstar - and Irma, Tracy Ullman's character). Second episode (which was sans Maria and Irma) was much better, with a funnier plot - including what chipolata was referring to here!:

Quote: chipolata @ 14th February 2024, 11:52 AM

I understand Marjorie Taylor Greene is enjoying the new season a lot.

I had never seen an episode of Curb before tuning into the first episode of the new series. I had heard about it, but had just never got round to it. Larry shouting at Siri made me laugh so much I am now beginning a watch through from the first season, and the first episode, The Pants Tent, was a bit shaky but with a lot of funny moments.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 20th February 2024, 6:53 PM

I had never seen an episode of Curb before tuning into the first episode of the new series. I had heard about it, but had just never got round to it. Larry shouting at Siri made me laugh so much I am now beginning a watch through from the first season, and the first episode, The Pants Tent, was a bit shaky but with a lot of funny moments.

I think that you'll like it. In fact, I hope that you do. I think that it was one of the members on here, Doug (RIP :() who really urged me to proceed with CYE and I'm so glad that I did. It's sublime. Even when it's less than great it's still an awful lot better than anything else. I think that Mr David is correct to end it with this current season as he should quit when he's ahead. I did love seeing Auntie Rae as a throwback character from a much earlier season. If you're a CYE newbie I won't ruin your enjoyment with spoilers.

It's all available on the NowTV Entertainment Package. I own all of the DVDs though (of course I do!)

Still enjoying the latest series for the most part. Richard Lewis was looking frail, makes it sad to watch knowing he passed away so soon after filming, but still some great lines and interactions all round.

The final episode ever, next week... Wonder how they'll finish it? Some people reckon it'll be done in the style of the often-maligned final episode of Seinfeld..!

Quote: a plate @ 3rd April 2024, 9:08 PM

Still enjoying the latest series for the most part. Richard Lewis was looking frail, makes it sad to watch knowing he passed away so soon after filming, but still some great lines and interactions all round.

The final episode ever, next week... Wonder how they'll finish it? Some people reckon it'll be done in the style of the often-maligned final episode of Seinfeld..!

Me too, I've been eking it out because I honestly don't want it to end, although it was absolutely right that LD made that call. RL is indeed looking very frail, but it's great that the writers still continued to give him the same kind of storylines he'd enjoyed since S1 - I mean, what kind of woman would honestly want to sleep with him? Seriously ...

As previously stated on here, I was far too late to the Seinfeld party and find it too dated to watch now, even though I've attempted to more than once.

I also got my late husband into CYE, it's one of the great sadnesses in life that he didn't live to see the final season. That said, the majority of his ashes will be buried in various plant pots around the garden, so I'll just go and tell him about it instead.

The finale was pretty much perfect. I think the thing that astounded me most was that they actually tracked down the girl from The Doll, wasn't expecting that. But the fakeout of the jail scene was brilliant, from the callback to The Pants Tent to Larry getting off because of Jerry bumping into the juror, he told us in the title - No Lessons Learned. Also loved Leon and Jerry talking about the "weekly ass" on Seinfeld.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 8th April 2024, 9:55 AM

The finale was pretty much perfect. I think the thing that astounded me most was that they actually tracked down the girl from The Doll, wasn't expecting that. But the fakeout of the jail scene was brilliant, from the callback to The Pants Tent to Larry getting off because of Jerry bumping into the juror, he told us in the title - No Lessons Learned. Also loved Leon and Jerry talking about the "weekly ass" on Seinfeld.

I liked it too, they did quite a good job of tying it all up - some bits as expected, and then some neat misdirection to make it a more interesting and satisfying ending.