Curb Your Enthusiasm Page 20

Anyone who likes Jeff Garlin he's got a new DVD out.

Jeff Garlin - Young and Handsome

Released May 10th.

I adore dredging up a five-year-old thread, but I've now watched seasons 1 to 4 of CYE and think that it's great. I totally get the comments so far regarding nobody standing up for Larry, especially his wife.

Small wonder it 'inspired' other great sitcoms such as Lead Balloon and Extras.

Oh, I may have to rewatch Curb', it's been a while :)

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 29th June 2015, 10:12 PM BST

I adore dredging up a five-year-old thread, but I've now watched seasons 1 to 4 of CYE and think that it's great. I totally get the comments so far regarding nobody standing up for Larry, especially his wife.

Small wonder it 'inspired' other great sitcoms such as Lead Balloon and Extras.

I think it started great and just gets better as it goes along. It's a nice companion series to Seinfeld (they sort of cross over in a later series).

I find Suzy absolutely terrifying.

I might have to start rewatching too. I wonder if Larry will come back to it at any point.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 30th June 2015, 2:02 PM BST

I think it started great and just gets better as it goes along. It's a nice companion series to Seinfeld (they sort of cross over in a later series).

I find Suzy absolutely terrifying.

I might have to start rewatching too. I wonder if Larry will come back to it at any point.

I do hope so! Season Five turned up today, so I'll watch some of it whilst eating my lunch :P :P :P

Susie is very scary, I agree and incredibly sweary. It used to make me smile when she and Jeff lived in that house in seasons one to three which looked like a concrete carpark!

Quote: zooo @ 11th December 2006, 1:06 AM GMT

I think I finally like Curb better than Seinfeld. Which feels weird.

Also feeling weird: I have started to become attracted to Larry David. :/

Eww.
What the hell, 2006 zooo? What the hell?

Quote: zooo @ 1st July 2015, 11:21 AM BST

Eww.

Tee hee. The 2006 Zooo had a thing for Larry then? Was it when he was dressed up in his garb for 'The Producers'?

Christ knows. I can't even remember liking him! Maybe I just wanted to give him a cuddle for being surrounded by so many horrible people.

You could say....... Your enthusiasm has been curbed!

Quote: zooo @ 1st July 2015, 11:36 AM BST

Christ knows. I can't even remember liking him! Maybe I just wanted to give him a cuddle for being surrounded by so many horrible people.

I agree.

Why on earth did Cheryl tell him to speak to the housekeeper about wearing a bra?

What happened to Susie's pregnancy?

Quote: zooo @ 1st July 2015, 11:21 AM BST

Eww.

Perhaps you were attracted to his slightly odd laid back walk. Maybe it's because you are a deep sophisticated person who goes for intelligent, witty men. Or maybe it's because you are a shallow person who goes for very, very wealthy men.

I think it was the cuddle thing.

Living in LA would be enough to put me off anyone in real life. Yuck.

Quote: Lee @ 1st July 2015, 12:11 PM BST

You could say....... Your enthusiasm has been curbed!

Now that's comedy!

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 1st July 2015, 1:03 PM BST

Why on earth did Cheryl tell him to speak to the housekeeper about wearing a bra?

Because she was insane.

I don't know if I even saw the last season.

Quote: zooo @ 1st July 2015, 1:25 PM BST

I think it was the cuddle thing.

Living in LA would be enough to put me off anyone in real life. Yuck.

Now that's comedy!

Because she was insane.

I don't know if I even saw the last season.

She is indeed. I'm now half way through the fifth season and they split in the sixth if I'm right. Was the fictional Larry married to anyone else prior to Cheryl as she's about a decade younger than him?

A very successful businessman once told me that when you've made so much money that you don't have to think any more about making money, the strange thing is that you immediately begin to make more money than you ever did before.

It's a similar thing with 'Curb'.

Before starting on this project, Larry David had already pocketed half a BILLION dollars from the Seinfeld series.

That would certainly take the pressure off, wouldn't it?

Result: a superb smash-hit, critically acclaimed sitcom.

'Curb You Enthusiasm' is surely one of the most glorious sitcoms ever made, right up there with 'Bilko' and 'Seinfeld'.

Larry David is 68 today. Happy birthday Larry