Curb Your Enthusiasm Page 10

No, you can understand why he did things as they would try and show his thinking behind it but now he's doing stuff completely out of left field.

Hmmm, ok. I'll try and catch one of the new episodes then, and see what the difference is. :)

I just think the banter between Larry and someone like Richard Lewis is hilarious. The show has many holes, but where it hits, it hits hard. I just like to take off my writers hat and kick back and enjoy it.

"You can't pause toast!"

Laughing out loud

I haven't seen any of this series yet; I'm waiting for the DVD release. The whole thing's always been patchy; series are patchy and even the good episodes are patchy, but the good stuff's so good you can forgive him. And it knocks socks off the naff-gag-shitcoms that plague British TV IMO. And Larry's character is incredibly funny and the observational stuff is generally good.
I think series one will probably remain my favourite!

Just watched S02E03 - Trick or Treat. Brilliant! Great to see Larry come out on top at the end, and very funny. Laughing out loud

Oh that is the best episode!!

I thought yesterday's one was the best of this series by far. Some real laugh-out-loud moments. Phew! I can watch it in hope again.

I also found that with season 6, some was excellent but some was... meh.

That episode that was on More 4 the other night was terrible. I couldn't believe how childish the Heather Mills joke at the end was.

By the way, I've missed a lot of Curb episodes over the years, so could some of you give me the names of your all-time favourite episodes, or just describe them, so I'll know which ones to look out for?

How can you possibly criticise a Heather Mills joke?

If people want to have a go at her, make fun of her craziness. Making fun of her being handicapped is just plain cruel. It was the same with that Abu Hamser nutcase. Everyone used to make jokes about his hooks, instead of the fact that he was a nutcase. If you make fun of one person for being handicapped, you're making fun of all handicapped people.

Quote: catskillz @ February 20, 2008, 7:28 PM

If people want to have a go at her, make fun of her craziness. Making fun of her being handicapped is just plain cruel. It was the same with that Abu Hamser nutcase. Everyone used to make jokes about his hooks, instead of the fact that he was a nutcase. If you make fun of one person for being handicapped, you're making fun of all handicapped people.

They didn't even get the Geordie accent right. Tut tut. What is the world coming to?

Quote: Pilot @ February 20, 2008, 7:38 PM

They didn't even get the Geordie accent right. Tut tut. What is the world coming to?

Americans never seem to notice the nuances of the many different English accents. I remember seeing one American comedian impersonating Ozzy Osbourne, giving him a strong cockney accent. Then there was the time Tracey Bingham impersonated Pete Burns, when they were on Celebrity Big Brother, and she gave him a really posh accent.

Quote: catskillz @ February 20, 2008, 7:13 PM

That episode that was on More 4 the other night was terrible. I couldn't believe how childish the Heather Mills joke at the end was.

By the way, I've missed a lot of Curb episodes over the years, so could some of you give me the names of your all-time favourite episodes, or just describe them, so I'll know which ones to look out for?

I couldn't agree more. I thought Curb had reached an all-time low with episode 3 of this series, the one about stealing flowers. This one was even worse. I'm gutted, frankly. Talented people have become so lazy. The plots don't make any sense. Why does a limo driver go and get drunk? And we're expected to believe that a posse of grieving relatives can be ditched on a roadside by two men, without argument or significant resistance. Worst of all, we have to live by the law of a casual (i.e. obvious) aside that "Heather Mills might turn up later" and the fact that - well, what the heck, we know she and Paul aren't getting back together but she's the only famous person we can think of with one leg. So ignore the facts, here she is.

I'm sorry to say it was total crap. And yes, totally childish.

I'll still be watching next week though! :)

P.S: To Catskillz: My favourite episodes are The Group (season 1); The Doll (season 2); The Grand Opening (season 3); and The Ski Lift (season 5).

I'm whizzing through these, started 2 weeks ago and am now up to season 4 - it does feel a bit lazy. Almost as though they have an idea then step backwards to get to that idea, however - they seem to be doing that part of the process in a rush.

Two recent ones...the food critique..."how do we get Larry to upset a food critique? - i know, lets introduce him on TV then have Larry meet him the next day, randomly"

Then, "how do we get Larry to meet a weatherman who says it rains to get the golf course to himself - i know, we'll stick him on TV and have Larry meet him at his golf course the very next day"

I'm starting to think LA has a smaller population than the Isle of White and 99% of them are Jews!